Just remembering....

Soberjulie

I'm having a chuckle...

I'm remembering the creation of this board after some of us imploded on that other board.

I'm remembering how angry I was. I mean, REALLY ANGRY.

I now know that I was never really angry at MQ (geez, I aimed a lot his way) or Greenlover who just fed it to me straight, and not on a silver spoon either. There were various trolls that made great targets for my anger.

There were 'sides'. Remember taking sides in fights that I no longer remember the significance of??

Remember when Tiffany got a goat?!?! How awesome was that?

I remember how calm Colleen always seemed to be....I really admired that. I still do. I envy calm. I don't do calm very well.

Nancy and Doreen were my momma figures, always encouraging and being gentle and kind and loving.

And Bacon! Oh gosh....the best distraction from my anger ever. Always with the non-PC humour, exactly the kind I like.

Remember Comrade Simba? He was angry like me! My brother-in-arms! And his serene wife.....Aine? I remember thinking she was the kinda gal I'd want to teach me yoga!

And Sarg.....oh Sarg....with his embrace the suck bullshit that turned out to not be bullshit. In fact, embrace the suck has worked wonders in many areas of my life....and I've passed it on to my kid in college who uses that philosophy too.

JellyBean and Stuart and young hat guy....

So many people. So many laughs.

Thanks all.

• Like 7

And Sarg.....oh Sarg....with his embrace the suck bullshit that turned out to not be bullshit. In fact, embrace the suck has worked wonders in many areas of my life....and I've passed it on to my kid in college who uses that philosophy too.

In every aspect of life - quitting smoking, quitting ANY addiction,job, education, fitness, nutrition, work, relationships, getting shit done,weight loss, strength training, endurance training, accomplishing goals, learning, earning - in EVERY DAMNED THING you can think of, the more Suckage you learn embrace, welcome, and endure ... the better off you'll be than the millions who came before and the countless who will come after who can't... stomach a little discomfort.

Those who bail out and cave in at the slightest bit of pain [physical, emotional, or mental pain of any sort] are doomed to go nowhere.

Embrace. The. Suck.

It's the single biggest thing that will put you miles ahead of everybody else in ALL aspects of life.

Easy Peasy

• Like 7

This train has quietened down alot...so many folks have travelled here..some long journeys some short..

But it has been one of the most wonderful times..I will always remember...

Quitting has for me been..exciting..fun...and I got to meet some of the nicest folks ever..

And made some fantastic friends..and I am.. and will stay grateful..

• Like 4

This train has quietened down alot...so many folks have travelled here..some long journeys some short..

But it has been one of the most wonderful times..I will always remember...

Quitting has for me been..exciting..fun...and I got to meet some of the nicest folks ever..

And made some fantastic friends..and I am.. and will stay grateful..

Enjoy the peace......  and quiet.  

It won't be like that long.  I expect alot more peeps coming in after the new year.  

• Like 2