New quit

Evelyn

Evelyn, as per my post in your SOS.

I need more please.

I want to see a documented plan. Well though out. I know from your other posts that you are fighting a lot of challenges and that you have a very strong intellect. A plan should spell out the aim, the method, the support you need. Help us to help you Evelyn.

• Like 3

Everlyn sweetie,I know this is hard......but you really have to jump in here with two feet.....not one in and one out.....

How do I know.....I spent 52 years doing just that.....

I am so willing you to do this.....

Start afresh.....

Read everything you can....get a plan of action......write down ....there is NO excuse to smoke......write this down...

There is no reason on earth that will make me smoke.....

We will help,you all the way....but you must s.o.s when you feel about to smoke,we carnt help you ,if we don't know....

It's a new day.....let's get this done....yaaaaa.

Doreen

• Like 1

I dont have too much more to add to what the others said except remember to drink water and plenty of it try drinking juices for sugar lows, deep breathes however cliche do work, maybe some yoga type breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth, long hot bathes anything to distract you from smoking. Having a list to look at can be helpful as well......read posts, play games, whatever you need to do.

• Like 1

Hey Evelyn were are ye????? Come on back and get stuck in, get your finger out and lets get on with it x

:wub:   Europeans always sound so interesting!

I cannot even *imagine* how cool it would be to live somewhere in Europe.  I have been to Belgium though once.

Anyway, Evelyn, I can tell you are really wanting to be rid of this bad addiction.  You have turned that corner, and you cannot go back to being the addict with their head in the sand.  Which is an amazing, wonderful corner to have turned.

Evelyn, stay strong, you are worth a million times more than any cigarette!

• Like 1

Evelyn,

You can do this. Just remember, even the strongest craves go away, acknowledge them and tell them that you do not smoke anymore and to go away, then get busy doing something.  It is tiring at first, but so worth it.  Hang in there.

Ev - did you get you meds and head back up to speed yet? If you haven't  would you just put this no smoking idea off the table - everybody in this place may feel the need to fling sparkles and feel good glitter around but you just came off a suicide attempt and the last thing in the world you need is this up and down quit/smoke/quit/smoke/quit/smoke soul crushing merry go round.

Jesus H Christ - Things are NOT okay. It IS a big deal. This isn't pattycake.

• Like 2

Ev - did you get you meds and head back up to speed yet? If you haven't would you just put this no smoking idea off the table - everybody in this place may feel the need to fling sparkles and feel good glitter around but you just came off a suicide attempt and the last thing in the world you need is this up and down quit/smoke/quit/smoke/quit/smoke soul crushing merry go round.

Jesus H Christ - Things are NOT okay. It IS a big deal. This isn't pattycake.

I share Comrade Simba's concerns for your well being. One thing at a time. Get yourself any other help you need for your other problems before pushing yourself too hard.

We quit to be kind to ourselves. But sometimes other kindnesses are more pressing

• Like 1

Thank you! I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the party poop.

Evelyn...one thing at the time. Don't overload your plate. Smoking is not good, true..but you have more severe things to deal with right now. 

I will be on your side when you are ready to give up smoking...right now you are not! Why not...because smoking helps you to deal with everything else. Get your medications adjusted, take care of your suicidal wishes and your panic attacks and everything else and then...then quit smoking.

We are not going anywhere....we will be still here!

Thank you! I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the party poop.

Evelyn...one thing at the time. Don't overload your plate. Smoking is not good, true..but you have more severe things to deal with right now. 

I will be on your side when you are ready to give up smoking...right now you are not! Why not...because smoking helps you to deal with everything else. Get your medications adjusted, take care of your suicidal wishes and your panic attacks and everything else and then...then quit smoking.

We are not going anywhere....we will be still here!

should have just said it