P+P have reached the lido deck

Doreensfree

• 5 months later...

Aw, just popped by to wish Boo well and saw this! It's kinda lovely to think a small corner of the Internet had my back on my 1year anniversary. I'm still not smoking I hope you will all be pleased to know. It's been harder since Christmas for various stupid reasons, primarily because lots of people around me have started smoking but I'm still here. 1 day at a time. Ever cautious, only ever 1 puff away. Lovely to see so many old faces still here. X

• Like 3

Congrats ...never doubted you...

Come and hang around here some..play the chicks game...talk about sausages... You'll soon forget those smoking friends.

Good work for keeping the quit..come here ,it will keep you focused...xxx

I'm new here so you don't know me but 1st of all; congrats on your quit! That's an amazing achievement. Secondly, there's no more room in the Chicks or Sticks game so you can't log into that thread, despite what D might tell you. Lastly, do not go back to smoking - ever. There's NO upside to that now that you've come this far :)

• Like 1

Nice to meet you Reciprocity!

I'm sure there's always room for another chick. Last time I was around, the chicks were regularly kicking the sticks butts. I'm sure that's still the case!

I had to take a break from the forum because of how often I was on here (especially chicks and sticks!)

I have no plans to smoke but certainly find you are never out of the woods. My current boss is 48, used to exercise every day and hadn't smoked for 20 years. He got a new girlfriend, took up smoking and quit exercising. He's not bothered by this at all. My crew partner at work is the ultimate 'social smoker'. He doesn't smoke at home and then comes to work and bums one from the boss and off they go outside to smoke. I sit there shaking my head because 18 months ago, neither of them smoked and I would be the smoking leper outside alone!

And then at Christmas I found out my other half had been secret smoking THE WHOLE TIME since we 'quit' together. I had suspicions but he always denied it. Stupid boy. I would always have understood if he just admitted it.

So that's pretty much my update. All around me have taken it up, returned to it or never stopped but still I am quit.

• Like 1

Well, that's odd that they would take up smoking like that, unless they were previously quit and just started up again? Makes it tough when the hubby quit with you but then didn't really. All those smokers around isn't the ideal situation but, just remember - quitting is a selfish thing. You quit for yourself and YOUR future benefit so you just keep it that way regardless of what other's are doing around you. My quit is pretty new still and I'm finding out a lot of stuff about quitting that I never even imagined. I never want to go through this process again so I have been making sure that as things come up that challenge me, I do whatever I need to do to keep on track. It's not easy at times but I also know it will get easier the longer I keep at it.

If you feel challenged from time to time, come here even if it's just to read some of the stuff us newbies are posting up. It may help to remind you of just what you went through when you first stared your quit. That might give you pause to consider what's at stake should you ever even consider to take that one puff again at some point.

As for the chics/sticks thing, yeah; we're pretty much pounded into the ground mostly. We did have a run going for a week or so a while ago. Not sure what the hell happened.

282fdj8.jpg

• Like 2