Needing Urgent Support

Ruby

Hi everyone

I'm new to QT, this is my 2nd day not smoking and I'm struggling terribly thinking about it all the time...... tonight I can't sleep and feel so stressed and anxious. I have angina and heart disease and have tried so many times I can't find the willpower anymore, I'm fed up, soon as I try to give up I give up giving up!!! it's making my life and health a misery. I want this attempt to be different because I want to win just don't know where to get the willpower from.

Ruby x

• Like 2

You are going to have to power through these withdrawals, Ruby.

You can do it !  Distract yourself any way you can.

Take a screaming shower,  walk around the block, colour in your colouring book.

Dance, sing.

You can do it !

get involved here

This thread may help you

10 ways to use this forum

Each crave you beat is a victory !

Hang tough, you will be fine.

Hi Ruby. The withdrawals are a pain. But welcome them, they are signs that you are winning.

Change the way you think. You don't want to smoke. You don't need willpower not to do something you don't want to do.

When a crave comes, smile. You are quitting. You are winning.

You can do this!

You picked the right place for help.

Relax. Those feelings are normal and will pass. Read and post. And get some fruit juice. First days your blood sugar will fall, so it needs a boost

Welcome aboard ruby..best decision you could make...

Read all you can here..educated yourself..leasrn all about this horrible addiction..it will make the fight easier when you know the enemy..

If you havnt read Allen Carr the easy way.a great read ..this book has helped millions...you can read it on line ..

It's doable..i was a 52 year smoker..

Staying close to these folks,posting... Made it so much easier..being surrounded by those who totally get it...

I look forward to getting to know you..

Welcome aboard Ruby.  The rough patches in the early days of a quit are fleeting.  The freedom lasts forever.

You've started a wonderful journey that will pay dividends you aren't even expecting right now.  Congratulations.

Hello everyone

Thanks for your replies, tried to keep myself busy today. Don't know if it's just me being agitated but am finding everything annoying, well life in general at the moment. Oh My, I thought I couldn't actually cope this afternoon and listened to some relaxation music and you know it calmed me right down. Still got really bad 'lung pain' it feels like in my back and had a bit of chest pain.  

• Like 1

I'm a little late, but hope you are doing well.  Getting through this will make you stronger.  Whatever you do, don't smoke. Take a shower, go for a walk, have a snack, drink some water, call a friend, hit a pillow, throw rocks into a pond.  

Stay strong!  

Being agitated and angry..is normal...most of us felt this way too..

Finding a way to channel these feelings is a great help...

I had a punching pillow..with a face drawn on it lol..who,s face I'm not saying...another story..

Oh that pillow mwas sent flhying through the air many a time..

Try and keep busy ruby..find a new hobby...there are games here...jigsaws..

We have had a member learn to knit..

Just find what helps you...

After today all the nicotine has left you body..flippin marvelous..x

• 2 months later...

SOS SOS SOS.....

Stay calm DeeGal.  If you're feeling like you want to smoke, it's temporary and will pass after a brief time.  Take some deep breaths.  Do something to shift your focus away from smoking.  There are great articles you can read and videos to watch here that will help you understand this addiction and make sense of what you're feeling right now.

You can do it.  Just stay the course during those bumpy parts of the path.

• Like 1

Hey, Dee....Boo gave some good advice...

Try some deep breathing exercises, or even a nice 10 minute all out - workout....when you get done, the urge will have passed...

It's very wise to post an SOS.... That reinforces the fact you really DO want to quit!

How are you doing?

• 5 weeks later...

Doing good. Mommy has her PET scan today and praying we will get the good news......... Had a crazy urge the other day wasn't even sure what triggered it I was feeling relaxed and thinking aaahh to sit back with a smoke but it passed. It kinda sucks ended up with a stupid cold that has lasted 10 days. In a crazy part of my mind I figured hey if you don't smoke you won't get sick.. Yes I know that makes no sense but that is what I felt like.