The Zen of Quitting Smoking

Sazerac

gallery_216_24_24271.jpg

The Zen of Quitting Smoking
              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Breathe

Make Your Decision To Quit

Breathe Deep

Never Take Another Puff

Breathe Deeper  

Clean, Clear Breaths of Freedom

The Beautiful Part About Quitting Smoking Is The Simplicity.

You Can Power Through Temporary Discomfort and Be Free. 

• Like 10

There is a zen quality to quitting.  I would encourage every new quitter and those just getting ready to take the plunge to embrace the process.  The challenge of quitting is one of the rewards of quitting.  You will become stronger physically and mentally.  There is an inherent sense of pride and satisfaction that comes with accomplishing a goal once deemed impossible.  You will learn some valuable lessons about yourself during the process.

Comfort zones quickly become ruts.  Those moments when you break from the monotonous, predictable, and all too often soul crushing routine...those are the moments when you feel alive.

Quitting is awesome.  Embrace it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is awesome !!!

It is a release from slavery.

When you quit you bring a new promise into your life that you will perhaps not die of a awful death caused by a completely useless, very costly addiction.

The cost is not just money, but the addiction has a cost that encompasses your entire life - your health, your time, your attentions.

Once you are free, you are able to live your life as you were born to live it.

Love the process, love your freedom, and love your life !!!

Cristóbal

• Like 3

One of the many benefits of quitting smoking

has been Remembering to BREATHE.

I am so grateful regaining the lung capacity to take deep, deep delicious breaths

without lapsing into coughing, spluttering fits.

Throughout the day, I pause often for deep conscious breaths.

It helps me maintain Focus to the task at hand or the Beauty around, 

or,  just chills me out.

Simple.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 7/10/2016 at 4:16 PM, Boo said:

There is a zen quality to quitting.  I would encourage every new quitter and those just getting ready to take the plunge to embrace the process.  The challenge of quitting is one of the rewards of quitting.  You will become stronger physically and mentally.  There is an inherent sense of pride and satisfaction that comes with accomplishing a goal once deemed impossible.  You will learn some valuable lessons about yourself during the process.

Comfort zones quickly become ruts.  Those moments when you break from the monotonous, predictable, and all too often soul crushing routine...those are the moments when you feel alive.

• Like 1

I am learning to be patient. As a smoker I had to have everything HERE AND KNOW and got frustrated when that wasn't always feasible. Now I just accept that sometimes I have to wait, that pother people aren't just puppets in my theatre. And sometimes I just sit down and do nothing. That's new too :)

• Like 2