Last day Smoking.

Bday

Hello

My name is Birgir D , as for the nick Bday :P ( Finaly got that nick on a forum xD )
I am 24 years old and I have been smoking since i was 18, so 6 years.

I started smoking to be apart of my friends group , it started only on the weekends when i was trying out alcahol aswell but i did not inhale the smoke for the first 3 weekends , but that ofc that changed and I started to smoke every other day until i was buying a pack a day . i decided to start smoking because I was under the illusion that those sticks were relaxing me at work because i was going out every hour to smoke I could aswell do that without those sticks to relax and breath fresh air.

I have managed to quit for a month 2 years ago with the help of Allen Carr's book but i relapsed

And now I really want to quit again and it has been on my mind for 2 months now

And for the Past months i've tried to quit so many times,And I have been reading and lisening to Allen's book almost nonstop but it's not doing the magic it did like last time

Here is a bit personal about my self  

On 11th April this year I was sent to a medical rehabilitation for 4 weeks to cure my Depression,Social anxiety disorder and Finally to get meds for my ADHD, And i'm happy to say that it worked : D I am completely diffrent person now than i was 3 months ago , a bit dark but if i did not go to that rehab i would probably be in the grave right now.

So Yeah i got my life back under controle after 12 years of being depressed

BUT what has been draging me down now for over a month are those filthy slow killing sticks that i keep smoking every single day, I am postponing almost everything and my sleep,meal and exercise routine are geting worse because i want to quit and I feel like my life is at a stand still until i quit.

I tried to quit today

I tried it yesterday

and day before yesterday

and almost every single day

But Because I'm such a spoiled little brat that i can't take this bad discomfort for a few days to be free.

On the quit day it's just that i dont like this fogy brain and the war with my thoughts.

And my top though that i keep relapseing is that **You can't do everything all at once, You just got your life back on a good track , Stop trying to quit for awile and do it when your ready*** this line is not only in my thoughs people keep telling me that when i relapse or when i tell them i will be quit soon. Brain STOP aldready I am ready if not now When !?, smoking is a drug addiction and it is killing me the sooner i am free the better, I just have to be strong for the first few days and not giving in.

So yeah this is a bit about my self , i guess I am joining this forum because i need some kind of a Support because I know i cant be alone in this

I will be smoking this pack i bought today and wake up tomorrow as a ex-smoker

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Bday.  Quitting is very doable and with the information and support available here on the train, quitting can be easier than you might expect.

You've already started to make positive changes in your life and by deciding to quit smoking, you've just made one of the best decisions we can make for ourselves.

Congratulations.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

Hi and welcome...and congrats for making the best decision you could ever make ..for yourself...

Quitting is doable as boo says...but you have to have both feet in..not one in and one out..

Your young..how I wish I had the chance to have quit at your age..

I smoked 52 years..don't let this be you...

Read all you can here..education,knowledge ,this will be your weapon..

Don't feel that cigarettes offer you something..they give you nothing ..just take all away...

Stay close to the board.the folks that read and post succeed...we will support you...all the way...

Look forward to meeting you in the daily pledge post tomorrow... Smoke free....

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Bday.  Quitting is very doable and with the information and support available here on the train, quitting can be easier than you might expect.

You've already started to make positive changes in your life and by deciding to quit smoking, you've just made one of the best decisions we can make for ourselves.

Congratulations.  Enjoy the ride.

Thank you for the Welcome : )

• Like 1

Hi and welcome...and congrats for making the best decision you could ever make ..for yourself...

Quitting is doable as boo says...but you have to have both feet in..not one in and one out..

Your young..how I wish I had the chance to have quit at your age..

I smoked 52 years..don't let this be you...

Read all you can here..education,knowledge ,this will be your weapon..

Don't feel that cigarettes offer you something..they give you nothing ..just take all away...

Stay close to the board.the folks that read and post succeed...we will support you...all the way...

Look forward to meeting you in the daily pledge post tomorrow... Smoke free....

Thank you for the Welcome : )

I will look forward to the support 

Welcome Birgir D !  

You have come to the right place for education and support for your journey of Freedom.

I am so glad you are quitting.

As soon as you stop putting cigarettes in your mouth and lighting them on fire, you are a FREE person.

As addicts, we were all spoiled brats.  It is part of being an addict.

The first few days will see your spoiled brat act out, lie, scream and do anything to keep you addicted.

As long as you know this may happen, you can get your tools together and fight.

Tools like education, support, distractions, fruit juices to keep your blood sugar up and acknowledging the serious resolve you have inside of yourself.  

You want to quit.  You will quit.

Destroy your cigarettes, go to sleep and wake up beginning your new free life.

Any discomfort is temporary and the benefits will blow your mind.  I promise.

Keep in close touch, post about anything you are experiencing or anything you need.

We are right here wildly cheering you on !

Yay !

Hooray !

• Like 2

As addicts, we were all spoiled brats.  It is part of being an addict.

The first few days will see your spoiled brat act out, lie, scream and do anything to keep you addicted.

As long as you know this may happen, you can get your tools together and fight.

Tools like education, support, distractions, fruit juices to keep your blood sugar up and acknowledging the serious resolve you have inside of yourself.  

You want to quit.  You will quit.

Destroy your cigarettes, go to sleep and wake up beginning your new free life.

Any discomfort is temporary and the benefits will blow your mind.  I promise.

Keep in close touch, post about anything you are experiencing or anything you need.

We are right here wildly cheering you on !

Yay !

Hooray !

Thank you . : D

oh i will be drinking cranberry juice like a  crazy person ;)

Education:       i think i've read almost everything but there is always more to know so i will keep reading , oh and watch Joe Spitzer's videos still haven't watched them all.

Distractions:    have tomorrow covered , gonna try and wake up at around 9 and go to the swimming pool for exercise and i have my support group(for crazy ppl :3 ) that is open from 10am to 4pm tomorrow , i usely smoke alot there cause it's hard for me to stay still and chat for so long but i'll have my phone locked on this website if it gets real bad and i will probably go home early. but when that is done i have a few things i can do to keep m self busy

1. Clean the house : D

2. Dust clean my pc and format and set up a new os ( wich i have been postponing because i was gona use that as my distraction.)

3. make the extra room to a guest/computer room

4. a lot of more : P

5. oh and play Pokemon white on my phone when i can !

Hi BDAY, welcome.  When you get up tomorrow, come here and take the daily pledge, Not One Puff Ever.  NOPE! :D

Thank you for the welcome , i will take the pledge tomorrow for sure : D

• Like 1

Great plan, Bday! And if you like pokemon, try Pokemon Go! I just made a post about it in the exercise forum. You literally walk around with your phone and try to catch pokemon that show up. I've been out on multiple walks today looking for pokemon, and it's such a nice distraction.

Welcome to the Quit Train!

• Like 1

How are your feeling ?

I feel Awesome  : ) managed to get my ass up after my post and started cleaning my room and went to the shop a moment ago so i wont need to do that tomorrow( gona stay away from shoping on the first day : o)

but strangely I feel more Energy and ready to quit just after posting my intro .... not sure why .

Great plan, Bday! And if you like pokemon, try Pokemon Go! I just made a post about it in the exercise forum. You literally walk around with your phone and try to catch pokemon that show up. I've been out on multiple walks today looking for pokemon, and it's such a nice distraction.

Welcome to the Quit Train!

Really ? O . O  . There is an app that i can use to catch Pokemon's : O !

I will have to check that out !

Yeah I like Pokemon , probably the only 'Good' Rpg single player game i can play on my phone that doesnt have cash shop **** : P

+ I've stoped playing video games on my PC cause that is just *posion* for me because of my adhd

but playing on my phone is great i can always close it when i need to do something and it helps me not get bored .

it's 11pm : o damn the time goes fast , an hour until i will try to fall asleep

Hey B-day...

Nice intro, and welcome to the forum.

Take it slow...one minute,....one hour....one day at a time.

Come to the forum daily and report your progress....or struggles...we are here to listen and try to help you through any rough times you have...

You have made a great decision to stop the madness while you are still young.

Feeling alright, thank you 

just woke up 20mins ago , so my morning plan did not go through 

I had a hard time falling asleep , and didnt fall asleep until around 6am for some reason 

• Like 1

Understandable, that you didn't go to sleep early, you were really charged last night about quitting smoking !

Your schedule may be off for a few days.  Be kind to yourself, your body is doing MAJOR healing, pamper it.

Keep yourself busy....take naps and nice long walks in your beautiful Summer night lights.  Aurora Borealis ?

Understandable, that you didn't go to sleep early, you were really charged last night about quitting smoking !

Your schedule may be off for a few days.  Be kind to yourself, your body is doing MAJOR healing, pamper it.

Keep yourself busy....take naps and nice long walks in your beautiful Summer night lights.  Aurora Borealis ?

Thank you.

yeah the schedule is gonna be in the trash for a few days

I'm just testing out pokémon go atm so i'll be busy for awhile :P

• Like 1

Thank you.

yeah the schedule is gonna be in the trash for a few days

I'm just testing out pokémon go atm so i'll be busy for awhile :P

I hope the game works for you! The server goes down every so often, so be prepared for that. It went down on me this morning.

Birgir D,

How are your doing ?

How are you feeling ?

Let us know, we are here to help in any way we can.

If you fail, pick yourself up and jump back on the QTrain as quick as you can.

We'll be here.

Failed.......

Was caught unprepared ... it's just a bad excuse 

Was my fault can't blame my house mate  

I am renting a room with low pay a month , which is awesome : P 

We are 3 in total that live in the house , the women I am paying the rent to is away for a holiday at Ireland for a month. She is a Non-smoker.

but her son is a smoker and he is around the same age as i am , he doesn't have a job so he just keeps playing Ps4 in the living room or is watching arrow or flash all day

And he keeps bugging me. with

*I know you want one*

*The pack is on the table you can one*

*If you don't smoke today you are gonna do that tomorrow* 

*etc* 

My fall was yesterday, after i ate a good meal , i started to get my self busy by cleaning 

but i was hit by a big crave and my house mate was just about to go out for a smoke and 

he was waving his stick at my face and told me that the pack is just there and told me to go 

for a smoke .

I don't have the best support person i am around with in the house lol

i know he's just joking around but it's not helping .... -.-' 

I Do not know why i want to smoke, I do not want be smoking I want to quit know it.

I've read Allen Carr's book a few time's

I've read a lot of material on whyquit

Watched Joe's Spitzer Videos

I know smoking does completely nothing for me , Nothing !

Smoking doesn't Fix my headache or drowsiness or anything   

It's gonna be hard to quit or easy

I just have to Learn my new life as a person that does not smoke

I need relive things that I have done as a smoker as a non-smoker

it's gonna take a while and to do things as a non-smoker again and again until it feels normal without a deathstick in my mouth  

• Like 1

My 'nice' neighbor once teased me with that b*llsh*t and I got so pissed off she never offered it again
So get pissed off if he keeps teasing you, it's NOT funny. Tell him to smoke a whole pack at once and then keep on going until he can shut up ;)

I'm very easy in boundaries. Don't piss me off, do not cross them by prurpose and we can play nice :)

It's your quit, guard it, sit on it keep it and don't some 'game boy' ruin YOUR health, and remember it still is YOUR choice if you light one. But I advice you to set some straight boundaries towards him. ;)

You can do this

• Like 1