Rod Stewart concert last night

Gemzee

So last night I went with my mum to see Rod Stewart in Cardiff. I'm not really a fan (his music is OK but obviously not really my generation) but my mum is, so I bought her tickets last Christmas.

I've got to say, he is a legend (Sir Rod!), it was an amazing concert start to finish. I'm now a Rod Stewart fan and definitely want to see him again in the future.

I've been to a couple concerts before which were also brilliant but Rod really stands out. He is energetic, his voice is still fantastic and he comes across as a down to earth genuinely nice guy.

I now love Sir Rod!!!!

• Like 7

I went to a concert years ago in the old Wembley stadium. It was a mixture of artists playing. I went to see Jon Bon Jovi. Rod Stewart was playing there too. I have to say I'm not a fan, same as you he wasn't from my generation BUT I thought he was brilliant. He puts on a very good show.

P.s I live in Cardiff, didn't go to the show myself but got stuck in the traffic ;)

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan (his music is OK but obviously not really my generation) 

I'm really not a fan (his music is not really OK   but   obviously my generation)

Someone gave me tickets to see him at the Los Angeles Forum in 1975 ? and it was a really good show.

Not thrilled enough to make me buy his records but, a good performance

and an excellent band (the great, Ron Wood on guitar and fabulous bass of Tetsu Yamauchi )

Is he still doing acrobatics with the microphone stand ?

What a cool gift for your Mum, Gem !  

• Like 2

Do you think I'm sexy ? And you ....

Be a fan my whole life. Like 3rd grade on. And Elton John too. But Elton only sits at a piano during his show. Expected more of a show.

Have to put rod on the list to see

• Like 1

Do you think I'm sexy ? And you ....

Be a fan my whole life. Like 3rd grade on. And Elton John too. But Elton only sits at a piano during his show. Expected more of a show.

Have to put rod on the list to see

I've seen Elton too, yeah he's great but does just sit and sing so a different show altogether.

I'd definitely recommend seeing Rod! It's crazy how much energy he has at 71, he didn't stop for over 2 hours!