Hi, it's me.

Karen

Since I relapsed my smoking has gone OVER a pack a day now. I have to kill the demon inside me. When I picked up that first cigarette it was horrible, hurt my lungs, make me dizzy and I felt like puking. I was 5 days short of a solid two month quit. I have set a new quite date, May 1st. 

I was just out mowing the lawn for the first time this season, and noticed how out of shape I really am. I was huffing and puffing and it really surprised me. Time to quit.

• Like 3

Karen. It's great you're looking to jump straight back on the train but you know the next question.... Why wait?

You've done this already. You know how to do it. You have the tools and the support. Throw them cigs away and jump back on the train.

Are you based in the uk? Might I suggest a little app that I used? It's basically a condensed version of Allen CARR's method in the format of an audio input, but I found it really good as an eye opener and if I'm honest, it's the only reason I quit (though to be clear, once I got going there are many things I attribute to my success). It's also free with absolutely no hidden extras. The guy who does it lost his mum to lung cancer so he made the app free to help others.

I would be happy to direct you to it if you think it could help?

Anyway, however you choose to do this, do it as soon as you can. Get excited to start quitting with the knowledge that there really is no romantic side to smoking. It's just plain nasty. X

• Like 5

Karen, welcome back!  I have to agree with the others...what will be different on May 1st?  How will you be more prepared then, than now?

With that said, the most important thing is that you quit!!

• Like 2

Nice to see you back Karen, as the others have said, maybe you should jump right in? Whatever you decide, we are here for you. Remember the rule, SOS first, never act on impulse. If you give yourself a minute or two to think about relapsing I bet you don't.

A waiting your next move x

• Like 2

It's good to see you again Karen.  Those cigarettes are not doing you any favors, so it will be good riddance when you cease your relationship with them.

You know the drill...Climb aboard the train, commit to NOPE, and take back your life.  You deserve better than what smoking is giving you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...