**** THE QUIT TRAIN DAILY TIMES ***** The official newspaper!

REZ

The official quit train daily newspaper is now open for business! Anybody can post whatever they would like but please let us know that department you are posting to: news, for sale, horoscopes, love, awards, weather, and so on!  The views and opinions expressed by our staff are not necessarily the newspapers view unless you like it! We have a lot of seasoned reporters and a few new whipper snappers too!  Thank you!  

• Like 9

Posted to classifieds:

Wanted: My horoscope done by Colleen

Born May 16, 1955 at 5:30 am on a Monday, 10 1/2 pounds.

My mother had 12 hours of labor before I was born.

• Like 2

**********************************************************************************************************WANTED************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Someone to post for me, as me,  on the QT in the over night hours or when I "just need a break".  I am an equal opportunity employer.  Let me know if you're interested and your employment terms.  Once hired you will be supplied with a list of members here at the QT whose post count MUST NEVER BE MORE THAN MINE.

• Like 4

I signed up for Health. 

Endorphins

What they do: Endorphins are a group of neurotransmitters formed within the body that bind to opiate receptor sites in your brain to naturally relieve pain. The bio-chemicals acetylcholine and dopamine are known as endorphins, and have a similar chemical structure to morphine. They are also known to lower stress and boost confidence.

How they make you feel: Endorphins produce feelings of euphoria and pleasure, and they have a calming effect. They fill you with a sense of well-being and relaxation. They may also make you feel dizzy and drowsy, and you might even drift off to sleep. Doctors have suggested that over-stimulation of the opiate receptors, as with heroin use, causes a depressed sex drive.

So next time your woman hassles you over passing out post sex, you know it's the endorphins at work. In fact, you can even argue that the faster you fall asleep, the better the sex was.

Of note, endorphins are released by your brain during sex, sporting activities, skydiving, fights, grievous injuries, and almost any other exhilarating activity you partake in.

Get your adrenaline, among other things, pumping...

Posted to classifieds:

Wanted: My horoscope done by Colleen

Born May 16, 1955 at 5:30 am on a Monday, 10 1/2 pounds.

My mother had 12 hours of labor before I was born.

Big baby!  Only 12 hours of labor?!

OK, so Taurus is the first earth sign; therefore, it is the most stable. These people appreciate harmony and building on their work. They desire long-lasting relationships. However, they are more stubborn and uncompromising in change.

Today's forecast for Taurus:

Lately you have been feeling as if you are taking two steps forward and sometimes more than one back. What you have wanted is not coming as fast as you'd like. Try as you may, your patience is running thin. What you may have to do is stand up for yourself and stop waiting or procrastinating, however you want to label this. You can go and take what you want but you want because it goes against someone’s wishes or ideals. This is causing more stress than it is worth. Do you want it? Yes, then go get it. No, then leave it alone and stop straining yourself over this. If you do decide you want this bad enough then waiting for the most opportune moment will make it so much easier.

• Like 1

In honor of The Bandit's birthday, here is his horoscope :)

You are poised and come across as calm and refined. You are not easy to get close to, and much of your nature remains a mystery to others. Nevertheless, you are charming and others tend to respect you. You are extremely observant and generally think before you speak, and you are a great listener. 

Your Year ahead....

Your birthday falls just after a Full Moon this year, suggesting a period of communication and teaching. You may be turned to for advice more frequently, and you are very willing to offer your help. This is a strong year for publicity and any other endeavors that involve spreading the word. As well, your ability to be objective--or to see the "big picture"--can be especially rewarding this year.

At times you can be quite assertive this year. You are especially interested in setting goals and challenges for yourself, and taking the necessary action to meet them. You may meet or interact with others who encourage or inspire you in some way to have more confidence in yourself. Your energy levels are generally strong this year, and your sense of timing better than usual. You tend to instinctively know the right course of action to take in most situations. Your desire nature is strong, and increased physical activity is likely. Independent work is favored and competitive activities may also thrive this year. Joie de vivre and increased energy can truly enhance your life in many ways, not only because you are more able to enjoy life this way, but also because others sense your dynamism and you are likely to attract good things to you as a result. Even so, impulsiveness and rashness should be watched for.

You are particularly dynamic at this point in your life, sometimes impatient, and you often experience bursts of energy. You are courageous, but be careful to not go to such extremes that you are foolhardy, as this inclines you to mishaps.

However, until September, Saturn continues to transit opposite your Sun. During this time period, you may experience some form of disillusionment with regards to an important person in your life, with authority figures, with personal plans and achievements, or with aspects of your own personality. You may feel "left out", blocked from advancing in your chosen life path, or temporarily lacking in energy and confidence. Ego boosts don't seem to be forthcoming, or if they are, you don't see them in such a light. Some sort of buckling down is necessary at this time, and is often perceived as limitations coming from other people or from circumstances. A general feeling of "slowdown" is likely, and if regular tasks seem more overwhelming than usual, it is likely due to poor spirits and lack of motivation. Sometimes, this transit is associated with problems with the teeth, bones in general, and the skin. It is also associated with mechanical breakdowns in your life. However, these generally happen because you haven't been managing your life effectively, and Saturn calls upon you to identify the weaker areas of your life, and to fix or strengthen them. Take the time to sort out your life, improve your work, and to become more efficient. Taking a slow and steady approach to life is necessary now. Pushing too hard will likely lead to frustration and setbacks. Take it easy and work on self-improvement. Results are not immediate, but will eventually come and bring healthy rewards. This influence lifts rather quickly, lasting only approximately a month.

You might renew and deepen love commitments or social connections this year. Strong and stimulating--even motivating--attractions to others are likely. Secret loves or attractions may develop and existing relationships tend to rise to a higher level of insight and understanding. As well, you can be quite successful at employing increased strategy when it comes to your finances.
Venus conjunct the South Node of the Moon in your Solar Return chart suggests a review of your love or social relationships in terms of whether they are truly contributing to your growth. Making changes may be difficult, but possibly quite necessary as well this year.

You are more spontaneous, emotional, and reactive in the year ahead, and your personal magnetism runs high. However, if you push too hard, obstacles and blocks are likely. Relationships are in high focus, and there may be a significant culmination in your life this year. Love requires inner changes. Finances benefit from increased strategy.

• 9 months later...

............................................EXTRA EXTRA...............................................

By popular demand, "The QUIT TRAIN DAILY TIMES" is being reopened for your reading pleasure. We trust you will enjoy our new sections, Planting a garden under the snow, Training your dog to like cats, Learn to drive a train, Careers I wish I had, and many more. Feel free to post but nothing serious or it will be deleted! 

........................................................................Help wanted.......................................................................................

Looking for 2 unqualified lawyers or just someone who knows lawyer lingo to represent the man cave and a defendant. Experienced qualified applicants need not apply!

...........................................................................Weather .............................................................................................

It sucks outside here!

• Like 1

............................................EXTRA EXTRA...............................................

By popular demand, "The QUIT TRAIN DAILY TIMES" is being reopened for your reading pleasure. We trust you will enjoy our new sections, Planting a garden under the snow, Training your dog to like cats, Learn to drive a train, Careers I wish I had, and many more. Feel free to post but nothing serious or it will be deleted! 

........................................................................Help wanted.......................................................................................

Looking for 2 unqualified lawyers or just someone who knows lawyer lingo to represent the man cave and a defendant. Experienced qualified applicants need not apply!

...........................................................................Weather .............................................................................................

It sucks outside here!

Weather: It sucks

650x366_02011216_pattern-into-february.j

• Like 2