1 tsp salt;

2 green onions, finely chopped;

2 cloves garlic, minced;

1 egg;

½ cup almond flour (optional);

½ tsp baking powder;

Coconut oil or clarified butter, for cooking

Cooking Instructions

Begin by using a large-scale grater to grate your zucchini. You want to avoid creating

small, thin strands, as the zucchini could get mushy upon frying.

Once grated, place in a bowl and toss in the salt. Allow the zucchini to sit in the salt for

at least 10 minutes. Then, extract any excess water from the zucchini (if you have never

done this before, I am sure you will be surprised at how much water there actually is!).

The easiest way to do this is to place the grated vegetable in a large piece of cheese cloth

and wring it out. Use a strainer if no cheese cloth available.

Return the zucchini to a large bowl and combine with the green onions, garlic, egg and

baking powder. You could use almond flour, as it really helps in keeping the cakes from

crumbling a apart, but you can also do without.

Once everything has been mixed, form cakes of about 2 to 2.5″ in diameter out of the

mixture.

Place a large skillet over a medium-high heat. You want to allow the skillet to really

warm up prior to adding any cooking fat to the pan.

Add some of your chosen cooking fat to the pan, just enough to coat the surface.

• Like 2

I like zucchini on the grill mixed with yellow squash very easy.    Peel and slice the zucchini and squash long ways

(the amount depends on how many people are eating)  Put in zip lock bag add a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and dill.

Mix bag until well coated- put in tin foil and cook on grill 25-30 minutes depending on how well done you like it.

Always comes out great.

• Like 1

There are no rules in this recipe thread.........healthy,...................vegan.............carnivore......................gluten free.......................decadent..............................

go for it!

• Like 1

Are funny recipes allowed?

It was one of those rainy summers, two or three years ago and my Zucchini's exploded. I had too many and they were to big...I needed to find "new Zucchini" idea and started searching.

This is what I found and it had me rolling:

Top 20 List for successful sneaking of Zucchini or otherwise ridding yourself of unwanted surplus summer Squash

1)    Carefully place a dozen or more zucchini in a large, sturdy black plastic trash bag, then add a couple layers of unwanted clothing. Drive to nearest Goodwill or Salvation Army, hand over bag to nearest volunteer. Politely refuse any offered receipt. Leave quickly.

2)    Look for out of the way places which have signs posted, "Clean Fill Wanted."

3)    Reserve 1/2 of the space in large, upright freezer, gather all available plastic containers & freezer bags. Drink a vat of your favorite caffinated beverage, in preparation for staying up round the clock to puree large quantities of zucchini. This can then be packaged neatly and artistically labeled: "For Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe." These packages can be freely given, along with copies of recipe, to anyone on your Christmas list. 

4)    Under light of full moon, either stark naked or wearing full army camouflage, carrying a machete or any garden implement, run amuck in your zucchini patch, cutting and slashing. Be sure to thank mother nature for her bounty before and after this cathartic experience.

5)    Buy a large roll of freezer paper--the kind that sub shops use to, you know, wrap up their subs & other sandwiches. Then proceed to wrap each zucchini which has managed to grow to a foot or more in length. Next time your child has a fundraiser, send him or her out supplied with these phoney subs. Tell child to drop them off with neighbors or relatives and leave quickly. It's advisable that a responsible adult hover nearby in a get-away car.

Easy Easy Ice Cream Cake

easy-ice-cream-cake_300.jpg

Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped...I prefer shaved chocolate or crushed Oreo's

Directions
Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.

Try this

Semifreddo

1 c heavy whipping cream
1 t vanilla extract
3 lg. egg whites at rt.
½ c sugar plus 2 T sugar
¼ c water
1 T orange zest
½ c crushed chocolate wafer cookies

Line a standard bread loaf pan with plastic wrap in both directions with enough overhang to cover the top. Place in freezer. Zest a large orange or two small ones, set aside. Separate egg whites and set aside. Whip cream to soft peaks, add vanilla, and refrigerate. Put egg whites under a stand mixer or have a hand held mixer ready. Put ½ c sugar and ¼ c water in a small sauce pan and begin heating on medium heat. The syrup is being heated to 238 degrees. When it reaches 210 degrees, start whipping the egg whites on medium speed. When frothy add remaining sugar slowly. Beat until soft peaks form. When syrup reaches 238 degrees, pour it into the egg whites in a thin stream avoiding the beaters or whisk as much as possible. Continue beating until the mixture is doubled in volume and glossy and at room temperature, about 4-5 minutes. Gently mix in with a spatula 1/3 of the whipped cream. Fold in the balance with the orange zest and 6 T of the crushed cookies. Add mixture to prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 6-8 hours at least. Unmold from pan using plastic wrap and sprinkle with remaining cookie pieces. Slice and serve immediately. The chocolate wafer cookies are usually found near the ice cream section of the store or Oreos with the filling scraped off will work as well.

My wife says it is like a kiss - cool and soft and sweet, then orange and chocolate, then warm and creamy, then gone too soon.

• Like 2

Vodka Pasta.....just delicious :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pennealpomodoroevodk_10819http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pennealpomodoroevodk_10819

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pennealpomodoroevodk_10819

We had our Easter turkey roast yesterday so tonight we are having this. The sauce reduces down to perfection....family favoure.

http://andrewzimmern.com/2012/09/17/one-pot-sticky-chicken-wings/ I have to use breasts as my girls don't like wings....works just as well.

Turkey wraps:

1 wrap

3 thin slices of turkey

Lettuce

1 wedge laughing cow cheese - you choose the flavor

Pepper to taste.

I had never had laughing cow cheese before...got some so I could have turkey wraps for my lunch at work...YUMMY!

3)    Reserve 1/2 of the space in large, upright freezer, gather all available plastic containers & freezer bags. Drink a vat of your favorite caffinated beverage, in preparation for staying up round the clock to puree large quantities of zucchini. This can then be packaged neatly and artistically labeled: "For Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe." These packages can be freely given, along with copies of recipe, to anyone on your Christmas list. 

I almost did this two years ago, and this year, had 3 of these pureed zucchini packages graciously given to me. Sigh.

• Like 1

For anyone else with a sweet tooth, I just had hb make this again, it's my new fave.

Low fat apple crisp:

2 servings:

3 apples cored and peeled - need to be green apples

Put 4 tbsps of water in sauce pan, add apples to water

Sprinkle cinnamon over apples

Cook over medium heat until it foams

Reduce heat, stew on low, covered 10-15 min

Add 2 tbsp. of fat free cool whip

Love it...just finished a turkey wrap!  The cheese is incredible...can't wait to try all the flavors.

I love love french onion flavor Laughing Cow cheese spread on 2 Wheat Thin Garlic /Parsley flatbread crackers.  

I love love french onion flavor Laughing Cow cheese spread on 2 Wheat Thin Garlic /Parsley flatbread crackers.  

I don't think I've seen the french onion flavor...must investigate!

• 4 weeks later...