Trimming fat off bakon.

bakon

217. Way to big. Pants getting tight

Need to be 205 or so.

Someone explain this carb thing in easy terms.

Plenty of gym time already. Cut out beer for lent. My normal beer is not light beer. Looking at charts they usually go 150 calories and 14gm carbs

Light beer runs 95 calories and 3 gm carbs. I dont eat much bread or pasta but pizza hits me every once in a while. Pasta once a week

So I avoid it this past week. Beer pasta pizza and half the bread. Lose 3 lbs. but only one inch off belly. Don't hold fat anywhere else.

Carbs that important?

Drink a glass of juice this morning, 16 gm carbs. Lemonade also 16. Should I have a beer instead with only 14?

Your stomach area is normally the first area to lose weight but I googled and it seems it's not carb thing, but calorie controlled with some extra rubbish things to eat - enjoy!

Can whole grains help you lose belly fat?

A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that a calorie-controlled diet rich in whole grains trimmed extra fat from the waistline of obese subjects.

Study participants who ate all whole grains (in addition to five servings of fruits and vegetables, three servings of low-fat dairy, and two servings of lean meat, fish or poultry) lost more weight from the abdominal area than another group that ate the same diet, but with all refined grains.

Eating refined foods such as white bread and sugary foods triggers a series of events. A rapid rise in blood sugar level is followed by an increased insulinresponse which can cause fat to be deposited more readily. However, eating a diet rich in whole grains (which also tend to be higher in fibre) helps improve insulin sensitivity. This, in turn helps the body more efficiently use blood glucose, controls blood glucose levels and reduces fat deposition.

• Like 1

your carbs sound ok, switch to wholemeal, white carbs are crap!

cut down sugar and dairy (very important)

lite beer is a good switch

drink green tea

no strict diets or major changes just a few healthier tweeks that are managable and sustainable

more cardio exercise, jogging etc

you will lose belly fat, feel healthier and lower cholesterol

this is just my humble opinion of course but its working for me :)

Ps juices and sodas full of sugar, wouldn't advise beer for breakfast though lol

• Like 1

http://www.caloriecount.com/tools/calories-goal

In order to lose weight, you need your calorie intake to be less than your total daily calories burned. Using our weight loss calculator, you'll arrive at the calories you need to eat to reach your goal weight.

Remember, there's a healthy range in which to achieve this loss. Restricting too much can be harmful to your health.

The goal is to reach a weight loss of about 0.5-2 pounds per week so that your body has time to adjust and you're more likely to keep the weight off in the long term.

Need To Know How Many Calories Should You Intake? Your daily calorie intake may vary depending on the amount of activity you do. If you're exercising more on one day, you may need to eat more to fuel that workout. As a rule of thumb, you never want to exceed a deficit (or eat less than) 1000 calories lower than the amount of calories you burn. The absolute minimum calorie intake should be 1200 for women and 1500 for men. -

See more at: http://www.caloriecount.com/tools/calories-goal#sthash.PKm845T6.dpuf

• Like 2

Hey Bacon! I started the 21 day fix, look it up. It is an easy plan healthy eating, portion control and exercise. I basically, eat fruits veggies lean meats and whole grains. I'm down 27 # feel great, able to enjoy a few cocktails here and there. Not a much of a sweet eater so that is easy to avoid. Now to conquer the cigs for good!

• Like 3

Sonic, a few summers ago I did that weight loss chart thing according to lose weight. I was allowed 1400 cals. per day and also drank TONS of water. I lost 20 lbs in 3 months!!! The first few days are pretty difficult, but you soon learn to automatically make better choices in what you consume. I have kept off about 15 of those lbs, but I want to lose about another 20. Not right now though, I feel I am too new in my quit to worry about that just yet!

Bakon I wish you the best in this endeavor! You got some great advice :)

• Like 2

Hey Bacon! I started the 21 day fix, look it up. It is an easy plan healthy eating, portion control and exercise. I basically, eat fruits veggies lean meats and whole grains. I'm down 27 # feel great, able to enjoy a few cocktails here and there. Not a much of a sweet eater so that is easy to avoid. Now to conquer the cigs for good!

I've seen stuff about the 21 day fix. It looks like a good program.

• Like 1

I've seen stuff about the 21 day fix. It looks like a good program.

It's a wonderful program! I'm not into taking weightlifting pills or such. It's all about eating healthy, portion control and exercise.The only fat I eat besides an occasional treat is healthy fats. I feel great, keep losing and toning. It's a new me, now I need to get back on the train!

• Like 4

Two inches gone and a half hour missing after that video. Conclusion reached from video. "Good luck fat ass" he was all over the place with just about anything can happen no matter what you eat. Ok.

No so worried about weight. I know if I lift more I will not have much weight change due to fat to muscle weight difference. More concentrated on watching healthy food for another couple weeks. See if more inches come off belly.

I do have sweet tooth but only one treat a day really. Two or three cookies max. Have ramped up cardio. More salad in future and sticking with lite beer when I do partake. I can't drink two weeks out of month anyways, third week is early week so not much of drinker then either. So only a few days a month I have more than two at any time but usually six on those days. Old day that would be ten... Too old now.

I will watch that I don't eat anything I enjoy and ....

• Like 1