Trimming fat off bakon.

bakon

• 2 months later...

Eating fat doesn't make you fat anymore then eating brains will improve your hat size.

Fat is created by an excess of carbohydrate which is transformed by insulin from the pancreas into...think its triglycerides

and added to fat cells.

Lacking carbohydrates your body releases ketones from fat cells.  Ketones can be used as fuel but 

excess ketones can't be added back to...anywhere really so are eliminated by the kidneys.

These are the two mechanisms that low carb dieters use to reduce weight while eating mounds of bacon and sour cream.

Its a metabolic trick and not advisable over the long term.

Plus you have to REALLY dial back carb intake to make this work and while it will work you also have this weird feeling of starving while not being hungry.

But if you need to drop lots of weight in a hurry and need to feel weird, excuse me, more weird then is usual then, yeah, give it a whirl.

• Like 1

Well o got down to 197 about a month ago. Went to Sturgis and put 5 back on.

Lost the five and went on a two week beach/beer vacation. I can't see my wee right now. So don't know but guessing 5-10 lbs and it's only Tuesday and got till Sunday to go home.

Got a cruise planned in four weeks so back on diet in few days.

• Like 2

LOL, Sirius. Everything is tastier with rubbed bacon. oh, oh dear never mind.

I have an ample Rump Roast if you care to carve.

Tastier than sinew.

Is is true there is a certain weight the world must maintain or will be thrown off orbit ?

Therefore, when someone looses, I gain.  I loose, others gain ?

I started diet last night after second meatball and the cheese was all gone from the plate. Started with two lite beers.

Today a taste of Cheerios and an apple with peanut butter.

Going for jumbaillia with chicken and shrimp and hot sausage for dinner.

• Like 2

I started diet last night after second meatball and the cheese was all gone from the plate. Started with two lite beers.

Today a taste of Cheerios and an apple with peanut butter.

Going for jumbaillia with chicken and shrimp and hot sausage for dinner.

I lost another 31/2lbs, last weigh in, and I have to say I'm eating more than I've ever eaten. It's funny as I went on the low carb Atkins..not an ounce lost! Started on this, which allows carbs, and losing each week. Yet I'm sure there are many who have had the opposite happen, for them, low carbs they lose..low fat/sugar the gain.

Tonight I made the Chinese take away version of salt and pepper chicken...seriously, can't believe I can eat so well (obviously eating the right stuff) and lose weight. Have you looked into slimming world Bakon?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has a different metabolism and specific sensitivities which can make every weight loss experience a unique adventure.

I like to consume lots of veggies and keep an eye on the glycemic index but when in doubt consume less and exercise more.

• 4 months later...