Anxious and exhausted !

Karen

Blah.....I can't remember feeling soooo tired and also anxious during any other time I attempted to quit. Emotions are all over the place, not so much grouchy but one minute I.m happy and the next I'm bummed because I'm so tired. I wish my brain would just SHUT UP! I'm overthinking waaaay too much and trying to read so much posting and literature on this site all at once. My head is spinning. I think I need to just slow down, and read when I can and certainly post daily. Just know one thing...you're stuck with me now! :good3:

• Like 4

Blah.....I can't remember feeling soooo tired and also anxious during any other time I attempted to quit. Emotions are all over the place, not so much grouchy but one minute I.m happy and the next I'm bummed because I'm so tired. I wish my brain would just SHUT UP! I'm overthinking waaaay too much and trying to read so much posting and literature on this site all at once. My head is spinning. I think I need to just slow down, and read when I can and certainly post daily. Just know one thing...you're stuck with me now! :good3:

Try some deep breathing!  Everything you describe is perfectly normal.  Very glad you are here, and we are delighted to be stuck with you!

• Like 2

We're certainly glad to be "stuck" with you.

All of the information can be overwhelming at first especially when you are in the early stages. Sleep (if you can), drink lots of juice and water, nom some snacks, post often, play the games to keep yourself occupied. Chicks and sticks saved my butt a few times. SOS when you need to. My favorite thread is "Pre-respond to your own SOS" visit it and write yourself a post. Those posts have saved quits.

• Like 1

I remember feeling as you described very well.  So many emotions and all at once!  It is overwhelming and scary.  You are doing so well!  Already 3 days in, you joined a board and are posting.  That's what will get you to the other side.  Take it one day, one minute at a time if you have to.  No matter how bad it gets remember it's just a moment in time.  Craving a cigarette won't kill you.  It just sucks!!  As time goes on it gets easier.  Remember that when you are having a bad time.  Please let us know what we can do to help.

You got this!!! 

• Like 1

Karen, you post away. It's all normal believe us. This was me three weeks into my quit. I was a complete mess!!

Me It really isn't pleasant but it's do able.

One thing that really did help me was posting. See the support that I got back from that post! I know it's a different forum but I have been on here long enough to know you will get the same support. You just have to tell us what you need and we will try and help.

I hope today is better for you x

• Like 2

Karen ...we have all been there....I promise....

When I first quit...I never slept...I was on the board nearly 24 hours a day...

I was so tired....so it started to come back...I was soon sleeping the night away...

It will pass...by the way...that a nice looking ticker...xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even without quitting some days are just bad from the start...the only thing I want is to go back to bed and try to restart the day. 

When quitting actually a lot depends on your attitude. For example you can look at couching as an inconvenience but it would be more beneficial for you in this situation to actually enjoy it as you can feel how your lungs are cleaning themselves. 

ChRiSpY has a very solid advice - breathing exercises. Breathing exercises used together with visualization are a great way to deal with stress and negativity...even a short walk outside can be very helpful smile.png

• Like 1