Any Stephan King lovers in here?

IndigoChilde

I love reading Stephan King, even though I've only read the Dark Tower Series, Eyes of the Dragon, Misery, and am working on Carrie. I'm finding Carrie a little tougher to get through in the beginning, but I'm sure it will soon draw me in like the others. Oh, I've also read his book On Writing, since I'm an aspiring writer myself.

• Like 2

I love Reading King

Pretty much the only person I enjoy reading. I haven't kept up with his books the last 8-10 years like I used to.

The Dark Tower series was great, except it took him forever to release each new book in the series...I would have to re-read the previous one when the new one came out to refresh my memory what was going on.

For some reason I don't find the time to read like I used to. (It helps that I used to live right across from the local library (remember those? :p ) I guess it was a different when ;)9

• Like 1

I don't read as often either. And I've got a list of books to read.

I loved the Dark Tower series. The biggest problem is after Wizard and Glass, he got into an accident and didn't think he was going to write again. Then he started writing I think The Green Mile, and books started after that. He got so much fan mail about The Dark Tower that he started writing them again and the last three books all came out rather quickly one after the other.

I'm a fan, although I don't read his stuff as much as I used to .  I did like On Writing.  It gave good insights into King's writing process.  

The Shining is a good book to read.  There are some pretty big differences between the book and the movie.  King really hated Stanley Kubrick's movie version.

I am currently reading Doctor Sleep which is King's sequel to The Shining.  It follows Danny Torrance (the little boy) as an adult who is trying to help others in trouble with his powers.  It is pretty good so far.

I write science fiction and fantasy mostly, but recently I finished the words for a children's book and am currently working on the illustrations for it.

One of my favorite things King said in On Writing was that most books on writing have a lot of bs. I'm finding it's true about any "how to" book. I can see things and places where it could really be trimmed down.

• 2 weeks later...

The audio version of  On Writing , KIng reads himself.   Delightful!

Hard to pick favs...lifelong fan.  Behind in releases now.

The Stand, It,  many of the Bachman book stories,  Delores Claiborne, Misery.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Dark Tower series I'm saving for an all-winter read. Looking forward to it.

Night Shift, Dead Zone, and Pet Sematary have been my favs so far.

"It" left me in a funk for at least a week.... a weird funky funk.

Been recently trying to get into Hearts in Atlantis, but can't quite get there. Salem's Lot next.

Hadn't heard of the Bachman books, gonna have to look that up! Thanks for the recommendation.

Good post, Indi, fun to see what others like

• 3 years later...

I first got exposed to Stephen King while a sophomore in high school. I read Firestarter and I was hooked. Some my favorites are

The Shining

Needful Things

The Dark Tower

The Stand

It

The Green Mile

& Dreamcatcher to name a few

• Like 3

My daughter loved Stephen King.  When we went to Maine, we took her to see his home and fence.  We then took her to a book store in Bangor, Maine and she bought an autographed copy of one of his books.  One of our best trips.  

IMG_0191.JPG

• Like 4