day 7 hell week almost over

laura

What's to understand? You're quitting smoking, your junkie lizard brain is in full panic making up stupid, desperate excuses and you're in the throes of the addiction/withdrawal cycle. Of course it's hard! Here's a suggestion: can you mentally "step back" from yourself, observe your actions and emotions from a distance as a disinterested party, perhaps seeing the pathos and even humour in your predicament? I know that's hard too, but it worked for me. 

Today will be over soon enough one way or another. The only question is what you do in the meantime.

• Like 2

Well done Laura!

Just worry about getting past the bad times... Each time you succeed, you will get stronger....

Let us know how your doing tomorrow..

And... I see you are staying close....that's GREAT... Even when not posting, there is a LOT of material to go through that will help you...

Proud of you!

Keep slogging through the BS.

I won't say there's "freedom on the other side" because there isn't an other side.

However, there will come a time when you'll exist for extremely long periods of time without the urges.  That will be most remarkable.  I promise that you'll love it.  You will internally know that you're a stronger person!  Priceless.

I'm nearly 15 months nicotine/smoke free and I just experienced a major craving.  Got through it...just like I got through all the other bastard cravings.  It wasn't easy.  Not at all.  Full-on panic mode.

Some might think, "15 months and she sounds like a newbie!!!"  I don't care.  It's a repeated VOW to never smoke.  It requires repeated effort.  I smoked for over 15 years - why would I expect to be liberated already?

Keep on kickin' arse.

• Like 1