day 7 hell week almost over

laura

I have relapsed so many times, it took six months to decide to quit again out of fear of relapsing again, stupid really as whats the worst that can happen i relapse. I dont know why but i feel calm yesterday was a little harder and i have dreamed of smoking every night. Anyway i hope you dont mind me coming back to get support but this is by far the best support group.

• Like 4

Hi Laura great to see you back :)

Yes smoking for 6 months out of fear of relapse seems a whole waste of 6 months to me, but you see that

Stick close hun, don't disappear, reach out, post, just remember we have all been in your shoes

Congratulations on week one done and dusted x

• Like 1

Hey Laura....

Welcome back!.....

Of course you are welcome here....anyone who wants to quit is welcome.

I am happy to see a week behind you,

and now the easy part comes....

Now all you have to do is quit for today....only quit for the present, not the future. Doing it that way makes it a much more doable task....

Congrats on a week....post up tomorrow so I know you have another day under your belt....let us know you are fighting the fight, every day...we are here to cheer you on and support you!

• Like 1

Aww thanks guys and girls im doing pretty good felt a bit aggitated a while ago but im like that weather i smoke or not i cant blame everything on quitting and didnt feel i needed or wanted to smoke i just had a little strop with my son for eating in his room as you do as a parent :-)

• Like 1

Hey laura, it's great to see you back! I notice from one of your last threads that your quit seemed to get derailed by external negative events, and the thought that you could make things better (or feel better) by smoking. Clearly it did not. Now that you're closing out Hell Week (congrats!) and in a good frame of mind, I'd like to suggest you reflect on that false premise and perhaps jot down a few thoughts to yourself, in case things happen again in the future. Which they will.

Chrispy ended that thread saying exactly what I'm trying to say - have a look!

• Like 1

So reflecting on past relapses i done them all, drinking,holdidays,arguments even the change of season i think im pretty prepared.

I quit smoking the day before my husbands birthday he said all he wanted was for me to quit smoking this is a guy that had just took me to norway to see the northern lights. I know deep down he is not thinking of him self he is thinking of me and wants me to see my daughter grow up. That week i had also been to a funeral my cusion had died at 48 years old to copd im 41 and have ashma. I believe in this quit!

• Like 3

Laura - seems to me you've got yourself a life and death situation here. 

Not One Puff Ever.

Let the steam off somewhere/somehow else.  Cigarettes & nicotine are OFF THE TABLE.

Otherwise, STOP TORTURING YOURSELF and try to embrace being a smoker.  The in-between world must be torturous. 

You don't quit for your husband.  It's nice he wants you to stop.  It's nice he took you on a vacation.  But the motivation to stop this addiction must come from your own heart and mind.  This is only for you.  Not even for your daughter.  Inside your heart....you say, "this is it...it's over...it's no longer part of my life."  And that's that.

Whatever it takes, say no.  (If that's what you really want)

• Like 1

Hi Laura... I haven't read this whole post, but I am glad to see you are still riding the rails with us. :)

Struggles are going to be a part of quitting... You trained your brain for a lot of years that smoking was good and you enjoyed it... Now you have realized none of that is true and it will take a little time and arguing with your brain to accept this new knowledge and live accordingly...

Just taking it one day at a time is the best advice I can give....slow and steady wins the race. :)

Oh my goodness i am struggling now and dont understand why. My boss has told me i can not go back to work untill i have seen an orthapedic and all im thinking is oh no quiting smoking being home 24/7 maybe i should smoke and then quit when i go back to work. This i reconise as junky thinking but its so hard. I have cried shouted at my husband, i want today to be over already, i will go walk my dog and hopefully calm down.