A tale of two husbands...which will you be?

Nancy

5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Time for a another update...

Been up all night again....Tony,s health took a nose dive...his blood is not holding a steady rate of oxygen ,if fell to 80 /%. This causes all kinds of problems..

Which can lead to cardiac....confusion... Tired....feeling all together unwell

He also is on the verge of any bout of phuomonia... So needs a whack of antibiotics....

Every time he gets phuomonia ,it weakens his lungs further....

Emphysema is not good  in extreme weathers....so this spell of extreme heat will not help....

So after doctors advice....he was taken to hospital by ambulance...

Just when you think..yep.... Things are pretty crap just now...we have been thrown a huge spanner in the works...

He has recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia.... And is undergoing test to see exactly which part of the brain has been effected...

We already more or less know....it's the I don't care about anything part...which is found in the frontal area....but tests will proove this...

Of course this will progress too....

If any one here is pondering whether they are doing the right thing...and miss a smoke....please read this thread from the beginning..

It's not just your life that gets ruined...your partner and your family suffer too....

Until next time.

KTQ....

Doreen, my heart is breaking for you.  I don't know how you keep going.  Lots of love and prayers coming to you across the miles.

• Thanks 2

Oh Mammy ?my thoughts are with you both. 

I'm sorry that you both have to go through this but I am thankful that you are sharing your experience because people really do need to know. Emphysema is an insidious disease and its effects on those with it and those surrounding them is horrifying.

I really hope that this serves as a "wake-up call" to anyone that nicotine is tempting and to those who are on the fence about quitting. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you lovely peeps....

You guys keep me going ....I know I can come here...and find something to laugh about...even if it's laughing at myself ....

It's nice to know...friends are always at the end of pushing a few buttons...xxxxx

• Like 4

Hi doreen, i was thinking, thats good you can still have a sense of humour throughout bad times. But i thought that might be inappropriate for me to say. But since you said it, thats great doreen. I cant begin to imagine what you are going through but glad you can still have a laugh somehow. Keep us posted and lets keep having a laugh too xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My love from Canada D! So sorry both of you are going through this. Wish we could do more to assist in some way.

If there were time travel, you'd be surrounded by kind, giving souls :18_kissing_heart: Keep us updated please and take good care of yourself too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Aww ..no worries Nancy ...glad you dug this up ...time for another update ...

Well you wouldn't have thought things could get much worse ..but of course they can .

A short while ago Tony was diagnosed with Alziemers/ Vascular Dementia.... This sent me in a spin for sure.....

They have placed him in Middle stage ...i have been informed because of all his other illnesses and Emphysema... He will deteriorate much quicker ...

Who knows what our future holds....One day at a time ....

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Aww ..no worries Nancy ...glad you dug this up ...time for another update ...

Well you wouldn't have thought things could get much worse ..but of course they can .

A short while ago Tony was diagnosed with Alziemers/ Vascular Dementia.... This sent me in a spin for sure.....

They have placed him in Middle stage ...i have been informed because of all his other illnesses and Emphysema... He will deteriorate much quicker ...

Who knows what our future holds....One day at a time ....

They called Britain's Prime Minister Margret Thatcher "The Iron Lady". I think you've inherited that title Doreen. Admire your strength 😘 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to read your story Doreen. you and Tony are in my thoughts.

Take good care of you Doreen. I know first hand what looking after someone with mixed dementia is like. Very hard indeed. I looked after my Mother in law until she went into a home.

Take care x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear of the latest news, Doreen ....very sad for you both. My thoughts are with you as you continue being the strong woman you are in caring for your husband, Tony, and doing what you do here in caring about all of us in our quit journeys. Simply amazing! 

Edited by Rozuki
grammar? run on sentences? :)
  • Thanks 2

Oh Doreen, you are such a rock.  Not only do you care for all of us, you are caring for your husband.  I am familiar with what you are going through, our neighbor, living across the street, has the vascular dementia.  He also was a smoker, had lung cancer, went through radiation and then was diagnosed with the vascular dementia.  

I so wish I lived close that I could be there for you.  Know that we are here to offer our prayers and be here to listen.  I so admire your strength and have been so honored to have you help me along my journey.

Much love to you,

Linda

• Thanks 1