Arghhh

Cookie36

Oh, Cookie, I am so very sorry for your loss and all you are going through.  Smoking will not help!  It will make you feel worse about yourself.  Dedicate your quit to your Mother's memory...you know she would not want you to smoke.  Cry, scream, rant, rave, do anything but smoke.  Go take a long hot shower...you can't smoke in the shower!

Go to the NOPE pledge, and pledge, just for today.  We can worry about tomorrow when it gets here!!

• Like 1

Cookie it is a stressful time for sure BUT smoking will only ADD to the stress not help you at all......remember to breathe slowly and deeply. Hugs for your loss, it is okay to have a good long cry, you CAN get through this and you CAN get through this without smoking.

Big Hugs

• Like 1

No Cookie!! 

I'm not going to say I understand your situation, but I understand craving. It seems impossible when you're in the moment, but it WILL PASS! All you have to do is not smoke, and it will pass. Smoke or don't smoke, it will pass all the same. The only difference will be whether you come out the other side a sad, remorseful mess of re-addicted hopelessness, or as an even stronger, magnificent Cookie who will be able to look back upon this day and smile in triumph.

Please be strong, you can win this. What you're going through is uniquely challenging, but those sudden craves are something we all had to get through, and you can too. Remember, I already thought you'd given up earlier when you didn't post for a few days. Persevere, and you can throw that back in my face for all eternity!

• Like 2

We are here for you, Cookie...

I know it's a situation that lends itself to justifying "just one" .... But there is never just 1...

If it's something that needs justifying, it's not worth it.... You are doing great, and if getting throu tomorrow is to monumental,, shoot for an hour at a time. Nobody has to quit forever,.... Just this moment, and the one after that....break it down into a time frame that doesn't scare you....

You will be pretty pre-occupied tomorrow, so you will have to make a conscience effort to sneak away to light up....don't make that choice...make good choices!

We both know , Mom would be proud that you are able to do this....10 days is a big deal....11 is even bigger.

Please get through this, but watch out for the drinking...in my experience , I have done things drinking,that I wouldn't normally do sober.. ;)...

• Like 2

Cookie I'm so sorry about your mum but alcohol has just clouded your judgement tonight.

You have coped so well through a difficult time already, and i look on your with awe at the way you have managed to abstain from smoking though it all. Don't let alcohol spoil it. Cookie be strong you can do this.

• Like 2

So very sorry about your Mom. :( The pain must be horrific.  Please know it won't make you feel better to smoke.  You have just this one life in which to live.  You need to decide if you're going to spend it chained to an addiction that will kill you before your time or if you want to fight for your freedom.   Fight Cookie, fight with all your might.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...