Welcome newbies

Doreensfree

Zowie and Johnny...

Welcome to the train..

I see you both have a good handle on quitting...well done!

Johnny..I have "read" you over on the qsmb... I pop in every now and then , but rarely post..just stop in to see some old names...

I am happy you wondered over here.... iirc, you started out as Johnny 5... Am I right?..but obviously there was a little confusion

Anyway...welcome to the both of you. I hope you find your way around and offer up some advice to newbies when possible. ;)

• Like 1

Johnny..I have "read" you over on the qsmb... I pop in every now and then , but rarely post..just stop in to see some old names...

I am happy you wondered over here.... iirc, you started out as Johnny 5... Am I right?..but obviously there was a little confusion

Anyway...welcome to the both of you. I hope you find your way around and offer up some advice to newbies when possible. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Joe.  When I joined QSMB last November, I joined as johnny5.  My name is Johnny and I really liked the movie Short Circuit when I was a kid (where there was a character named johnny 5  in it) so that is the name I go by there.  I was basically shooting for a name that would resonate with me during a more innocent time before I picked up smoking.

A few weeks after I created an account there, I saw that there was a "jonny5" that was very active on that site not long before I came there.  I had no idea about that and felt kind of bad about it.

I joined here a few days ago.  I originally joined here as johnny5 too but I found out that the other jonny5 is a member so I took the 5 off.

Sorry for any confusion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, Joe.  When I joined QSMB last November, I joined as johnny5.  My name is Johnny and I really liked the movie Short Circuit when I was a kid (where there was a character named johnny 5  in it) so that is the name I go by there.  I was basically shooting for a name that would resonate with me during a more innocent time before I picked up smoking.

A few weeks after I created an account there, I saw that there was a "jonny5" that was very active on that site not long before I came there.  I had no idea about that and felt kind of bad about it.

I joined here a few days ago.  I originally joined here as johnny5 too but I found out that the other jonny5 is a member so I took the 5 off.

Sorry for any confusion.

Need more input ...

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I´m Paula. I quit smoking 2 months ago but am now on a slippery slope to starting to smoke again. I allowed myself to smoke on New Years eve and after that I allowed myself a few ciggies here and there and I just do not want to become a smoker again. I repeat: I do not want to be a smoker. And I need support. Thank you.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard....

Please read all you can here...knowledge is the key...it helps fight this terrible addiction..

Early in my quit...I stayed close to the board...reading...listening...and learning....

You will find all the support you need to succeed here...

Congratulations ...the best decision you have made....

Welcome Paula, support is certainly what you will get here.

If you are still smoking the odd one here and there. The first thing you have to do. Is throw all your smoking stuff out. Draw a line and say that is it todays the day, I will not have one single puff. Having the odd one now and again is just prolonging the process. Every time you feed the beast, you give him power. Starve him and he will go to sleep.

Hi everybody! I´m Paula. I quit smoking 2 months ago but am now on a slippery slope to starting to smoke again. I allowed myself to smoke on New Years eve and after that I allowed myself a few ciggies here and there and I just do not want to become a smoker again. I repeat: I do not want to be a smoker. And I need support. Thank you.

Hi Paula! Welcome! 

Coming here and asking for support was a great first step. I think you need to set a quit date and stick to it, throwing away all your cigarettes, lighters, etc. and making the commitment to not take another puff. The problem is that while one cigarette seems harmless it strenghtens the addiction to nicotine. I highly recommend you to watch Joel´s videos, they help understand addiction. Good luck!

-Nat

Thank you all for your welcome and supportive words. I already threw away my cigarettes. I guess the main issue for me is that I tend to "lose the focus". For some reason I almost forget why I ever quit. And for that I tought that signing up for some sort of quitting community would help me on focus and to have a place where I can return to when ever I need to remind myself of that awesome feeling I get when I think about smoke free life. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your welcome and supportive words. I already threw away my cigarettes. I guess the main issue for me is that I tend to "lose the focus". For some reason I almost forget why I ever quit. And for that I tought that signing up for some sort of quitting community would help me on focus and to have a place where I can return to when ever I need to remind myself of that awesome feeling I get when I think about smoke free life. 

We´re here for you. You can post a message whenever you feel like you´re going to lose focus.

Welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Gazza, from Sunny South Africa - New years quitter soo that make today week 3, day 2 umm err 16 day Quit.

Finding it hard at time but today is a better day!

Hi and welcome aboard....congrats on your brilliant quit....

All the support you will need is right here....we want you to succeed.... And have a great smoke free life...

Yell if you need us.....