Expose the lie.....GO!

babs609

• 5 years later...

Lie: I am a homebody. I hate leaving the house. I would be perfectly fine never having to leave my house. 
Truth: I didn’t want to be the only one smoking. I didn’t want to have to sneak off and try to grab a few puffs off a cigarette.  I didn’t want to have to fight and suppress the withdrawal symptoms of not being able to have a cigarette if I had to be somewhere that smoking was not allowed. 
Everyone probably knew the real reason why I would never go anywhere and I would lie to myself about that too. Of course they knew. 😞

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gus said:

Lie: I am a homebody. I hate leaving the house. I would be perfectly fine never having to leave my house. 
Truth: I didn’t want to be the only one smoking. I didn’t want to have to sneak off and try to grab a few puffs off a cigarette.  I didn’t want to have to fight and suppress the withdrawal symptoms of not being able to have a cigarette if I had to be somewhere that smoking was not allowed. 

I didn't want to go to concerts anymore.  I didn't want to go to movie theatres anymore.  As smoking bans became more ubiquitous, the list of places I lost interest in going grew longer.

I knew I was ruled by my addiction.  Finally figured out that I either needed to quit or risk becoming some kind of chain-smoking hermit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gus said:

That WAS me! 😞

That was a lot of us.  As smoking became less socially acceptable, many of us became less sociable.

Smoking demands much but offers nothing.  Good riddance.

• Like 2