Electronic Cigs

I had an experience recently with electronic cigs that I wanted to share.  My brother quit cigs a couple of years ago using an electronic cigarette.  He still uses it, with nicotine.  Puffs on it all the time.  While running errands he called and asked me to pick him up some "juice" at a local vaping shop. 

I had never been to a vaping shop.   When I walked in there was such a heavy "haze" in the room I could hardly see beyond a arms reach.  It looked like cigarette smoke, but didn't smell like it.  

As I was standing at the cash register I nearly passed out.  The room was spinning and my head felt funny.  I paid and rushed to my car and sat there for a long while feeling as if I might be sick.  It was several hours before I felt back to normal.

This experience made me rethink how I feel about vaping.  It should definitely be done outside in a well ventilated area.  I think it a mistake to consider it "safe" as it made me sick being around one for just a few minutes.  If you use one to quit smoking that's great, but I would worry for anyone using it as a replacement for cigarettes.  Short term use only IMO.

Just sharing what I was thinking, as it really scared me how badly I felt being exposed to that stuff!!  I want to be sure my peeps using this method stay safe and wean off as soon as they can.  I'm no expert and have no idea if vaping is  "safer" than cigarettes but it clearly is not without harm of some sort.  Surely no harm is good right?

xo

• Like 4

agree Jenny....I have never been against vaping as a means of quitting but without a plan....it's just vaping.  Trading one addiction for another.....that may be just as dangerous or worse..they dont' know enough about them to say for sure.

• Like 2

I+cannot+find+the+words.gif

I remember a discussion about this at another time and place... quietly walking away  :ph34r:

It's ok, we don't fight like that here.  I am in no way coming down on anyone for their choice in quit method.  Just want everyone to be aware that that any method, if used long term, can be harmful when nicotine is involved.  That said, if it helps you quit I say DO IT.

• Like 2

Focus on quitting nicotine, and then there is no need for a cigarette an ecig a dip or a chew.

Who are you gonna trust? Me who has almost a 2 year quit or a person trying to peddle you a delivery device containing the drug you are addicted to.

Quit screwing with your own mind and just quit Nicotine now. ... Stop It Now.

• Like 2

As nicotine addicts, our goal should be to get off of nicotine completely and forever.  NRT shouldn't be used in place of smoking because nicotine in any form keeps us dependent up on it.

Nicotine Is Nicotine Is Nicotine

Video discusses how nicotine delivered by any source via any route of administration has the full potential of causing relapse to any former smoker or user of any nicotine product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViTfIfHUv0&list=PL4F05C03D0F9B86DB&index=6

• Like 1