I don't want to smoke 13 days before 1 year. SOS

rowlyd

The nico monster rowly is still trying to suck you in...you have to fight him ...

If you smoke now...some time down the line you would so much reget it...

You carnt want to go back to that stink..slavery.. Less money....raspy cough...clogging yoiur lungs..

Rowly serious.... I wish you could see how my hubby struggles every living second with emphysema...

Hospitals..doctors nurses...oxygen tanks...need I go on....

Please... Don't risk this...think hard....very hard....xx

F ING he'll I'm battling. I feel like smoking and have come close a few times today. I really don't feel positive about staying smoke free right now. Life feels dull and boring.

And smoking would make your dull, boring life better?  That is crazy talk!  You know that smoking doesn't make anything better!

• Like 4

Exactly what Nancy said.  It won't make a single thing better but it will make things worse.  

I'd suggest you spend time researching runs/races in the area and sign up for the longer than usual race.  Make a goal and then put your focus on training.  AND...put your focus on changing a 25 year old story. 

• Like 3

One year one freaking year, do not throw that away because you are bored! And careful what you wish for, Ill health, chemo,heart attacks sure they are not boring as too busy in and out of hospital and treatments and things getting stuck in you left right and centre

Pull yourself together, set yourself a challenge, something different outside your comfort zone

But do not throw away your amazing quit!!

Come on Rowland you can get passed this

• Like 3

F ING he'll I'm battling. I feel like smoking and have come close a few times today. I really don't feel positive about staying smoke free right now. Life feels dull and boring.

You know what's even more dull and boring than life? 

The alternative.

I'm curious though - when you say "I feel like smoking", do you mean you feel like smoking *one* cigarette? Two? One pack and then that's it, right back to where you are now, like it never happened? Or do you mean you want to be a smoker again, the way it was before you quit? Because if it's the first option I think you're a dreamer (and a romancer), and if it's the second one you're a madman (and a fool). There is no such thing as "just one" and you know it, that's why you quit. The only reason you're able to romance them now is because you're so far away from them that you're forgetting the reality. Smoke now and it's not just "one slip", the way I used to imagine it; it's a fall all the way back to the beginning of the nightmare. Don't just romance the memory, really remember it for what it was. Every foul, shameful, hopeless moment.

I'd rather be bored.

*edited to add:

• Like 3

Hmm I wrote a whole thing above.  ?  Anyway, all smoking is going to give you is a coughing fit and a sore throat.  How depressing after one year almost to go back!  You know, this may be some strange trigger because you are coming to one year.  Get past it. NOPE

• Like 1

You know what's even more dull and boring than life?

The alternative.

I'm curious though - when you say "I feel like smoking", do you mean you feel like smoking *one* cigarette? Two? One pack and then that's it, right back to where you are now, like it never happened? Or do you mean you want to be a smoker again, the way it was before you quit? Because if it's the first option I think you're a dreamer (and a romancer), and if it's the second one you're a madman (and a fool). There is no such thing as "just one" and you know it, that's why you quit. The only reason you're able to romance them now is because you're so far away from them that you're forgetting the reality. Smoke now and it's not just "one slip", the way I used to imagine it; it's a fall all the way back to the beginning of the nightmare. Don't just romance the memory, really remember it for what it was. Every foul, shameful, hopeless moment.

I'd rather be bored.

This is a bloody awesome post here... Could not agree with it more :good:

Take note Rowly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...