I have a guaranteed watertight quit

Jonny5

And so do all of you. Because each and every quit is guaranteed....

It is safe from the outside world. Only the quit owner can destroy it from within, and it is a deliberate choice. And that would be a pretty daft thing to do to your own quit.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

And so do all of you. Because each and every quit is guaranteed....

It is safe from the outside world. Only the quit owner can destroy it from within, and it is a deliberate choice. And that would be a pretty daft thing to do to your own quit.

So true ..
  • Like 1

I've only heard of one guaranteed way to quit smoking.  

The company that offer's the program has 100% success rate.

http://mrfitton.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/5/8/17583739/quitters_inc._text.pdf

It was something Stephen King thought up during his lighter moments...

Only Stephen King can think like that !! I'll pass I reckon and stick to the forums

My mother once told me of a friend she had who used to smoke.  This friend joined a convent.  

Apparently they don't allow smoking in convents.  Something about a vow of poverty or such-like.

Cold turkey a la complete environmental/social change.  Painful, but relatively brief as nobody smokes.

For that matter basic training in the military is supposed to be "smoke free."  

Cold turkey a la complete environmental/social change with an extra double ration of stress.

Probably the most drastic approach would be to become a inmate within the U.S. prison system.

Over the last few years all Federal and most state prisons are now smoke-free.  I'm not certain if 

complete loss of freedom is better then freedom from cigarettes, nor am I in a hurry to make a 

first-hand comparison.

• Like 2

My mother once told me of a friend she had who used to smoke.  This friend joined a convent.  

Apparently they don't allow smoking in convents.  Something about a vow of poverty or such-like.

Cold turkey a la complete environmental/social change.  Painful, but relatively brief as nobody smokes.

For that matter basic training in the military is supposed to be "smoke free."  

Cold turkey a la complete environmental/social change with an extra double ration of stress.

Probably the most drastic approach would be to become a inmate within the U.S. prison system.

Over the last few years all Federal and most state prisons are now smoke-free.  I'm not certain if 

complete loss of freedom is better then freedom from cigarettes, nor am I in a hurry to make a 

first-hand comparison.

Don't forget mental institutes!

I quit using what I call mind reprogramming. Addiction has a funny way to change how you perceive things. 

Cigarette smells horrible and has no positive effect but when smoking I used to tell myself that I like the taste of it and that it relaxes me.

Once I change my attitude towards a cigarette I didn't have to quit - I just stopped smoking :)

http://www.cigarettekills.com/how-to-quit-smoking-cigarettes-permanently.html

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last few years all Federal and most state prisons are now smoke-free. I'm not certain if

first-hand comparison.

I didn't know this. I don't think it's the same in the UK yet. I'm really surprised though because in my experience, the baddies almost always smoke. I guess the prisons supply stacks of NRT products?

I didn't know this. I don't think it's the same in the UK yet. I'm really surprised though because in my experience, the baddies almost always smoke. I guess the prisons supply stacks of NRT products?

I agree.  I would have thought the prison admins would want prisoners to smoke so they could use it as a form of control to bring about desired behavior.  

"Do what we tell you or we cut off your smoking privileges..."

Maybe there are associated costs with allowing smoking in these facilities?