Any ideas on how to season meat so it's tasty?

Still winning

I'm a sauce girl. Got some chicken, bung it in a sauce. Got some food, stick mayo or ranch on it. But I've just been to cyprus and most of their food, especially meat but also potatoes and veg seems to be cooked in herbs and stuff and isn't dry at all.  I love a herb or 20 but theirs was better than mine and my meat often ends up dry too.

So any ideas how I could re create that home in blighty?  otherwise I need to head to the library to find some books but I'm betting some of you guys have done this and could help a (slightly tubbier than she meant to be) woman out  :D

Thank you. x

I typically use cavenders greek seasoning on just about everything, not sure if you have it there but I love it, along with simple garlic powder. When I bake chicken breast I use lemon juice, cavenders, olive oil in a roaster with a little bit of water to keep it from burning or drying out. I love how it tastes

• Like 1

Greek stuff.

Marinade the meat in lemon juice, pepper, coriander. Put your pork into it for 4 hours or so.

Lemon juice starts cooking the meat from the inside, meaning that you can cook a little cooler for a little shorter. Helping to avoid overcooking.natural yoghurt makes a nice marinade too.

Afelia, Stifado etc are just stews essentially.

Sadly, the secret is VERY good Virgin olive oil. In UK that is an expensive hobby.

Good to know that I  can buy pre made up herb mix, and pepper is a great shout actually!

I already cook with high grade olive oil (or cocunut oil) as I also use them to mix with other oils for sale so that's ok. 

Do we think cooking in oil would hyper extend the calorie content though?

Marti - use any herbs / seasoning you like - I love Greek or Middle eastern style - and you only need a little oil - then for me long and slow is the way to go. Season up, brown the meat and then pop it into a really slow oven for as long as you can and it will come out lovely and tender - just my 2 cents worth :-)

Good to know that I  can buy pre made up herb mix, and pepper is a great shout actually!

I already cook with high grade olive oil (or cocunut oil) as I also use them to mix with other oils for sale so that's ok. 

Do we think cooking in oil would hyper extend the calorie content though?

If you marinade the meat - most of the oil stays in the dish when you move the meat to the pan - you only need a tiny bit to cook it.

Then eat it with loads of salads and stuff...

Its the rice with chips with baked potato and bread you need look out for! (Or at least it is for me!)