Today I Quit (my first post)

valereally

Today was day one of being an ex-smoker. I feel so accomplished and proud. I know it's going to be hard but i keep telling myself to stay strong.

I'm excited to join this community and get support from others who have been where I'm at before. The possitivity on these boards is so encouraging.

A little background is that I had smoked for seven years and recently started taking chantix. Last night I had my last smoke and woke up this morning knowing it would be the first day to a much healthier life. I owe my health to my loved ones, my future family and most importantly myself.

Day one hasn't been as "hellish" as I thought it would be. I felt some discomfort thoughout the day but most were small thoughts and I would tell myslef "I don't do that anymore." I had a few cravings that were a little more intense but it was nothing that I couldn't handle with a couple deep breaths and a dum-dum sucker.

• Like 7

Hi and welcome aboard this very special train...

All the support you need to succeed is right here..

Read all you can...there is plenty here...education and understanding this addiction is the best weapon ...to beat this monster...

Stay close to the board....post often....

Congrats...

• Like 1

Welcome!  To quit smoking is the best decision you will ever make.

I also used Chantix and found it very helpful. 

In those first days i found it helped to stay close to this forum and read everything. 

The folks here are the greatest. If you need anything just post.

It won't be long until you start to notice the healthy benefits of being smoke free. 

Congratulations on your new smoke-free life!

Sandy

• Like 1

Welcome, Valreally, and congratulations on your decision to quit!  You will find lots of wonderful information and support here.   Look around and let us know how we can help.  You can do this!!! (I also quit using Chantix)

Hi and welcome :)  Yet another chantix quitter here too.

Isn't it exhillerating that first day feeling. yes it can feel tough but also exciting too. Remember to enjoy the good times as they help carry you through.

Please please keep posting. I would love to hear how you're doing, or anything that's really great or worrying you on your journey.

x

ya both got it going on right- stay calm,, whatever it is, a cig aint the answer-- hell get some M&Ms or whatever--

little rewards always helped me,,

anything to distract ya  for a few minutes- the silly urges get weaker every time-an one day- they don't come back,,,

I used gum- I still do- just not near as much- it really helped me a lot- get a powerful flavor-  I still like a an after dinner "gum" ,,, that's nutty- but I aint smoking-ever

peace be with ya,, RC

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome.  Glad you are living free today.  Lots of awesome rading and people here.

side note: Valereally and BAT ,...PLEASE , watch the Incredibles....no capes!  I am concerned for your longevity.  :lol22: 

• Like 1

Don't believe the hype.

There are no "hellish" days if you don't want them.

One Dude's "hellish" is another Dudette's "challenge accepted", right?

Easy Peasy

I tend to agree, Sgt Sausage! ;)

WE are in control of our emotions... learned that when I used to believe "I made my ex angry"...

Ooops! sorry Val!!! WELCOME and WELL DONE YOU!!!! xox