Time to Celebrate

cpk

Take the time to ask the new nonsmoker how they are doing. Just because someone is in month 4, 5, 8, or 11 doesn't mean it's all easy peasy yet. Sometimes quitting and staying quit is lonely. People on the "outside" are happy for the quitter...but if they don't smoke or have never smoked they are not going to know that the new nonsmoker is still counting the months. There should be Hallmark cards for all the first year months, or something. Or maybe a program to "Adopt a quitter for a year,,," Check in with them. Remember their anniversary date. See if they need anything. Most of all, just support them, smile, make them a cup of tea, send them a joke. I personally think this could even prevent a relapse. You can never say it enough times how proud you are that a loved one has quit smoking.

• Like 4

How are you doing? :) Just kidding I know you're doing great! Remember not to take a single puff ever again and you'll be just fine. You just reminded me that I haven't celebrated my milestones in a while, not even when I hit a year and a half, I'll remember the next one!

Adopt a quitter program sounds great. Gotta look around and see if a baby is available for adoption. Well, not an actual baby. You know what I mean :D

• Like 5

How are you doing? :) Just kidding I know you're doing great! Remember not to take a single puff ever again and you'll be just fine. You just reminded me that I haven't celebrated my milestones in a while, not even when I hit a year and a half, I'll remember the next one!

Adopt a quitter program sounds great. Gotta look around and see if a baby is available for adoption. Well, not an actual baby. You know what I mean :D

See "Celebrations!"  -- get ready to duck under the shower of confetti!

• Like 1

I'm doing great, staying up too late and eating odd foods like smoked oysters, and drinking pots of chamomile-rose petal tea. I'm a quitter who happens to treat myself pretty well! And how are you? Doing great, too, I see. Hopefully staying cool...  The oysters will probably cause me to have crazy dreams... ;)    Yes, adopt someone! Evelyn adopted me so I adopted her in return. It's a good practice. :)

• Like 1

I like the "adopt a smoker" idea CPK. Just someone to PM you or post asking how we are doing during the first 6 months or year. We have to DO this ourselves but a little extra support can't hurt anyone....no one understands an ex smoker like another ex smoker. This site does rush to the rescue when things get out of hand though....We all can attest to that.

• Like 2