Conversation with Long Time Quitters

bakon

Buddy, wife, and my mrs out the other night. Few drinks and talking about the local "Dutch Club" which is close to home. Good cheap drinks but still allows smoking. We don't go much because of the smell and need to shower when you leave. Plus the headache sometimes from the busy nights with more smoking than usual.

mrs at probably 10 years now

buddy at more than that and 3 packs a day when he quit

buddys wife a pack a day and more than 10 years

me 2 1/2 or so with not one puff ever.

So we all say we know we wouldn't enjoy it. We know it would taste bad, give a headache and so on. Buddy said he won 100 dollars one night after 10 years he couldn't take a puff, smoke one whole one and stay clean....he took bet and did it. Said it burned his taste buds completely off, burnt his nose and in general was bad. Didn't want a second one, never liked a moment of it.

I told how I quit several times for a year, 2 years once. Went back to a pack a day every time I started again and always was a drinking fail where I tried one. I would never take that bet.

They all asked whats different this time? Newest egg asked it last week too. (The duckling complained my "log" was too long at same time. Go lick a window)

So I thought about it today....difference is maturity, feeling the affects smoking was causing me, realizing I was not immortal even if a SUperHero, and learning some of the nastier parts of smoking...the chemicals, the urges, the reason nicotine works and all the garbage surrounding why we light up. The false "stress relief" provided and the trick it really cuzes the stress.  Seeing people stand outside or run out of meals to get some hits in, watching smokers at a bar light on every 20 minutes as they fight to maintain the balance as alcohol is striping the nicotine out of the blood.

The difference this time...growing up and learning something.

Thank you all, even the newbies, for reminding me everyday why I quit and keeping me from going back.

Happy Easter, Passover, or just Sunday to you all.

Love ya baby-

Kojak.

• Like 16

Never said TOO long, just looooooooong. (take back WL) I deserve kudos for actually reading entire tome.

In fact, took hint from bakon novel and myself watched smokers smoke...taking their drug every 20 minutes.

Observing smokers cements facts about addiction. Makes one think, "I am so glad I'm not doing that,"

because addiction aspect looks very desperate and sad.

• Like 3

Buddy, wife, and my mrs out the other night. Few drinks and talking about the local "Dutch Club" which is close to home. Good cheap drinks but still allows smoking. We don't go much because of the smell and need to shower when you leave. Plus the headache sometimes from the busy nights with more smoking than usual.

mrs at probably 10 years now

buddy at more than that and 3 packs a day when he quit

buddys wife a pack a day and more than 10 years

me 2 1/2 or so with not one puff ever.

So we all say we know we wouldn't enjoy it. We know it would taste bad, give a headache and so on. Buddy said he won 100 dollars one night after 10 years he couldn't take a puff, smoke one whole one and stay clean....he took bet and did it. Said it burned his taste buds completely off, burnt his nose and in general was bad. Didn't want a second one, never liked a moment of it.

I told how I quit several times for a year, 2 years once. Went back to a pack a day every time I started again and always was a drinking fail where I tried one. I would never take that bet.

They all asked whats different this time? Newest egg asked it last week too. (The duckling complained my "log" was too long at same time. Go lick a window)

So I thought about it today....difference is maturity, feeling the affects smoking was causing me, realizing I was not immortal even if a SUperHero, and learning some of the nastier parts of smoking...the chemicals, the urges, the reason nicotine works and all the garbage surrounding why we light up. The false "stress relief" provided and the trick it really cuzes the stress.  Seeing people stand outside or run out of meals to get some hits in, watching smokers at a bar light on every 20 minutes as they fight to maintain the balance as alcohol is striping the nicotine out of the blood.

The difference this time...growing up and learning something.

Thank you all, even the newbies, for reminding me everyday why I quit and keeping me from going back.

Happy Easter, Passover, or just Sunday to you all.

Love ya baby-

Kojak.

Love you, right back Kojak Bakon...you continue to lead, inspire, and make me laugh. Easter is a wonderful time to be thankful and to be an egg! :wub:  

E1-1024x640.jpg?c3a52c

• Like 2

good post Bakon.. and a happy easter,/ egg day  to you too,..

..heres a funny for ya, speak'n of Kojak, ..I got some lollipops last weekend- stuck some in a juice glass to keep on the end table next to my chair so they'd be handy (try'n to give up bbq fritos).. anyway.. I'm watching a movie and enjoy'n my trip down memory land with the different  flavor lollipops....movies over - I go about my day.. I go to brush my teeth that night and scared the bejeezys outta myself as I'm  look'n at the back of my black fungus covered look'n tongue :blink: ..  till I realized it was the orange, lime,grape, cherry, butterscotch  and root beer lolliepops all back to back will make your tongue look like it belongs in a horror film!!... felt pretty stupid for a minute.. then had to laugh at myself.. what a good "problem" to have :P beats the heck outta smoke'n! ;)

4501873_orig.jpg

• Like 4