Low Carb Sausage and Egg Biscuits

Chrysalis

Having successfully quit smoking for ONE YEAR (hooray!! :) ), I decided that it's time to get serious about losing the weight I gained. Based on the rave reports from some of you about paleo/low carb meal plans, I decided to try it. I'm doing quite well on my low carb diet so far (all 10 days of it LOL!). But for some reason, I have been craving the breakfast sausage-and-egg biscuits I used to buy once in a while.

Well, I found a really good recipe for almond flour baking powder biscuits and whipped up a batch. As you can see in the photos, I made 6 biscuits in a muffin tin and in the other 6 spaces I put 1/2 egg (scrambled) and 1 sausage patty (pre-cooked). Then I baked the whole thing for 13 minutes. They came out great! Next time I will probably whip the egg whites more and perhaps increase the baking powder a tad to get more "fluff" in the biscuits. I might also mix in some grated cheddar cheese (M-m-m-m!).

The good news is that I satisfied my craving. (Hooray!!) The bad news is that now I want to eat all of them right this minute. (Boooo!)

1 biscuit is: 148 Cal, 4.6 gm carb, 13 gm fat, 6 gm protein. You can find the recipe here:
Almond Flour Biscuits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZSmYPPo_Qg

This lady also has a recipe for low-carb sausage gravy but I haven't tried it yet. You can view it here:Low Carb Sausage Gravy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0WL...U_59OgHWJgkJ5x

14605-almond-flour-sausage-egg-biscuits-

14606-almond-flour-sausage-egg-biscuits-

• Like 3

I can't open the pictures unfortunately :( but it sounds delicious

I liked paleo because you could eat all day and still lose weight :)

I wasn't very strict, I gave myself two days off a week, one for Sunday for potatoes and stuffing and the other for a dinner out :)

I didn't make bread or cakes etc, Scott's your man for those recipes

I downloaded loads of free books to my kindle

Good luck, looking forward to hear about your results x