running

babs609

• 1 month later...

Oh man. I want to be a runner again. I ran about 2 blocks yesterday and thought my lungs would explode. :( why did I smoke for so long?!?!? Ughhhh

I felt the same way when I started running again (after MANY years)...try  this program   my wife was a never runner, and now is more "into it" than I am...(I am 53 she is 58)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ran 6 miles after a few weeks off (due to injured right hip).

Again hoping my theory of "exercising through the injury" has some basis in some theory of something.

Tonight my run was the only way I could see getting through tonight (without obsessively ruminating on my night @ work or going out for a pack of smokes).

Life saver it is.

I <3 Running.

Ran 6 miles after a few weeks off (due to injured right hip).

Again hoping my theory of "exercising through the injury" has some basis in some theory of something.

Tonight my run was the only way I could see getting through tonight (without obsessively ruminating on my night @ work or going out for a pack of smokes).

Life saver it is.

I <3 Running.

Be careful thou!

But sometimes I feel running is the only thing that keeps me sane

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

After all i decide to quit.. i just listing down the triggers that get me to cig's because then only i can avoid those triggers. And the next thing is to list the things that keeps me busy

First one is running or atleast fast walk on that list...now goes for a run everyday except sunday. It keeps me brisk enough to not think on cig

• Like 2

After all i decide to quit.. i just listing down the triggers that get me to cig's because then only i can avoid those triggers. And the next thing is to list the things that keeps me busy

First one is running or atleast fast walk on that list...now goes for a run everyday except sunday. It keeps me brisk enough to not think on cig

I would say that running has turned into a very important part of my life as a non smoker. There is nothing quite like it. Keep it up!
  • Like 3

I would say that running has turned into a very important part of my life as a non smoker. There is nothing quite like it. Keep it up!

I would say I agree!  I have a love/hate relationship with running.  sometimes I hate it...especially when I first start...but by the end of my run..I love it!! 

• Like 3

I would say I agree!  I have a love/hate relationship with running.  sometimes I hate it...especially when I first start...but by the end of my run..I love it!!

Sarge just has a hate/hate arrangement.

He hates it. Totally.

But he must run.

He must ... or he's a fat, overweight, arthritic, hypertensive, high cholesterol, borderline diabetic, smoker.

If he does not run, he becomes, once again, all of those (and worse).

So ... Sarge must run, and run he does.

Run, Sarge, run.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...