running

babs609

I finished my first week of C25K and I think I want to run it over again 'cause I couldn't always make the 60 seconds. Dad's taking me to get running shoes because the shoes I had gave me a blister on the top of the knuckle of my big toe. But once I get week one down, I'm looking forward to week 2. 90 sec of running, 2 min of walking.

• Like 2

Half Marathon DONE!  :o Guess what guys!? My lungs worked like champs! Was able to run as fast as my legs would go - breathing did not stop me one bit. YAY! Being a non-smoker rocks!  :P  :lol:

Fantastic work! Well done.

Have a lie down.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I can't believe how much I was running!!!

I was doing that along with 5 days a week for an hour of intense workouts

Here I think I am doing great at 3 days a week  

I did run on the treadmill the other day and it felt great..but my endurance sucks

time to get back to it!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The marathon training was going so well with increasingly longer long runs on the weekend - was up to 1/2 marathon distance - and then, a couple of weeks ago, couldn't complete the long run because of right knee pain.  No runs since then and letting it heal and will start over again.  A bit frustrating to have to sit and wait but no sense hurting it again ... wish I knew what's causing it though.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Oh wow, that was Nov.  Haven't really been able to run since then.  Going to try a ginger 2k tonight and see how it goes.  Fingers crossed.

I think as an addict, I need the addiction of running to replace the nicotine addiction.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, d2e8b8 said:

Oh wow, that was Nov.  Haven't really been able to run since then.  Going to try a ginger 2k tonight and see how it goes.  Fingers crossed.

I think as an addict, I need the addiction of running to replace the nicotine addiction.

I read somewhere that doing intense exercises after periods of not doing exercise can cause problems in the knees. Off course, pain in the knees can be due to age as well. However don't take my word for it, since the pain could be due to an unknown reason, maybe you could get the knees checked by a doctor?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, d2e8b8 said:

totally agree!

there is nothing like a runners "high" but the beauty is it lasts all day long and it's healthy

unless you injure yourself or have bad knees of course

• Like 1