running

babs609

tonight I went for my first run outside in months!  It was the best run of my life!   I only ran 2.40 miles...but i enjoyed it so much and appreciated the warmth of the sun on my face and was just so grateful.  Even when i was fighting the wind on my way back...it didn't matter.  I loved every minute of it.

I think that break from running actually has done me some good and now I just love it even more than before.  

Can't wait to run again!

• Like 10

before when I was running i was starting to resent it a little....because my average was 3 miles and they were 3 very pissed off miles...occasionally i would make it to 5 and feel like I was never going to be comfortable running...I was never going to like it.  but tonight...that has changed.  Something has changed....inside of me...flipped a switch.  That's so awesome!

• Like 2

before when I was running i was starting to resent it a little....because my average was 3 miles and they were 3 very pissed off miles...occasionally i would make it to 5 and feel like I was never going to be comfortable running...I was never going to like it.  but tonight...that has changed.  Something has changed....inside of me...flipped a switch.  That's so awesome!

hmmmmmmm.......

got me thinking now....

• Like 1

I came in 3rd place on Saturday in my 5K race for my division 40-49 year old Men - still far from my goal time but it was a new best for a race

26 minutes and 16 seconds   - by year end I want to finish a race in the 23-24  minute range if not better.

• Like 5

another 2 miles tonight...would have gone further but I started late and it was getting dark so I turned around and headed home...still..not bad considering I worked out for an hour in the morning..and also did the ab challenge.

Again...another enjoyable run  :)

• Like 2

Just got done running 3.2 miles. Felt good. My time wasn't great but it was extremely windy. There were times I was staying in one spot. Lol.

I'm noticing my endurance is better than ever since I started running again as far as not quitting and walking. I ran the whole time. I think I broke through that barrier in my head that would make me stop. Nice

• Like 2

ran 3 miles last night....was about to quit after 2 miles because I was headed back home and it was starting to get dark..but when I reached my house I just kept running...and ran in the neighborhood for another mile.  Felt awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

haven't run since I got back from Florida but I did run 3 times while I was down there.  2 times in my friends neighborhood and once on the beach.  The air was thick down there compared to here so I did have a bit of a hard time breathing but the funny thing was..my time was better then ever.  Which isn't good.  haha.

I ran 3 miles....3.2 miles...then 2 miles on the beach...lol

my pace on the 3.2 mile was 10:53 per mile...I'm usually 12 min miles still...lol

not bad

going to run tomorrow

Running is what kept me just a teeny bit sane on my recent vacation.  Had an unbelievably beautiful and powerful 6 miler in the near-pouring rain.  For whatever reason nothing ached and my lungs were super expansive.  It felt like God was with me - I know, I know pretty dramatic, but I did sense some serious assistance.  

Tomorrow I am attempting a super tough run.  I will report back with details.  

• Like 1