The Quittrain is one year today! A Poll

Jenny

23 members have voted

1. 1. Why did MQ create the Quittrain?

• To provide a platform for Bakon
    • To get Admin rights to the counting game thread
    • To help people quit smoking
    • It was originally going to be a Ravens fan site but he couldn't find any fans lol!
    • Ava made him do it
  2. 2. What makes the Quittrain so special compared to other sites?

• We have Babs!
    • We don't lure people in to sell them bogus quit smoking aids
    • We have Babs!
    • Our Cat thread is pinned!
    • We have Babs!
    • The members here are, hands down, the best group of people I have ever had the privilege to meet
    • Our threads and Joel videos will give you all the tools you need to quit for good!
    • All the above
  3. 3. What is MQ's biggest fear?

• That the mods will give him a point
    • That Colleen will forget how to count
    • That someone will redecorate with purple
    • That someone will pass out in chat
    • Cats
    • All the above

I wish I could express all my gratitude and share what this forum and its people mean to me, in a short fashion. Unfortunately, I can't.

So, thank you MQ, the mods, and all the people here. 

Happy Anniversary, QuitTrain!

• Like 4

It was all of you.  Every one of you.  All I did was pave the road and you all drove on it and the rest is history!  Has it been a year already?  I have been so busy that I didn't even realize it.  One year. 

AWESOME!!!!!  This is by far the most accepting, non-confrontational, happy, fun, informative and open minded place I've ever belonged to.  They say there is always some good out of bad.  Smoking was bad but quitting smoking led me to all of you which is the good.  I don't have to look far at all to find the good.  In fact, I don't have to look at all.  All I have to do is reach my arm out and somebody is always there to grab it.

The seasoned members who go way back and the newbies just joining, you're all part of the same family.  1 year or 1 day, you're one of us and we have your back.  Always.

(not counting Ava.  I reached my arm out one time and she stuck her massively huge wad of chewing gum in my hand)

• Like 14

awesome Idea!  A poll for the 1 year anny of quit train...love it!

Last night I was working on a long..babbling..drawn out post for the one year...and my computer crashed!  

THIS... is perfect!!  Much better!

I'm feeling grateful today  

:)

• Like 3

I can't believe that my "Quit Date" is the same as the official Quit Train start date! That is so incredibly cool! It's like an omen guaranteeing that I will never smoke again-- I'm on this train until we get to the end of the line. I find that reassuring. Hugs to you, MQ, for setting up such a successful program.  :)

• Like 7

I came in all hooked on  either cigarettes or NRT gum / patches / spray and f ucked up everytime. You may not know but I was in that cyclus for 10 years mostly with patches.... relapsing bla bla, yada yada...

Then I relapsed after going down on patches and I hit rock bottem and said sscrew those patches, gum pills whatever... maybe Bakon and others are right and I am keepingb myself in withdrawals and make my fear giant as a oliphant so I smoked exactly 3 and went from practily step 2 after one day step 3 and smoking 3 cigs... I did it. I faced me fears! I head huge conversations in my head, explaining my one thought was junkie thinkingthe other no I won't take a puff! I usd a huge amount of sugar, as Joel says use juice (can't have juice for my stomach) so figured sugar would do the trick and visited my neighbor on day 1 weaponned with a cola (which contains 6 sugars LOL) and I amazed myself. 

NOW 3 months has passed and I didn't sscrew it up. Junkie thinking? Yeah! But relapsing is a joice and feeding your junkie thinking is a joice too. So I beat the crap outta my dad who said I would never succeed and now he can stick that cancerstick in his *ss: oh no wait he died from lungcancer, too late for him!

But not for me, at least I can try to improve my life and no longer be a freakin' slave.

Ok this was my penny... oh and you guys stood next to me and still are. MQ thanks man for believing in me and all the others get a hug. Even Bakon. (can you believe me saying that!)

• Like 8