Tobacco Wars Documentary - Episodes 1, 2 & 3

Must see TV for all nicotine addicts.  Watch these videos and then commit to never giving those bastards another dime of your money.

A bit of well-aimed righteous anger has a way of keeping you focused on your mission.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the bump again Doreen.

It's a hard watch, but I encourage everyone to do it, there is no better time than now!

It is so important to reinforce how all consuming this addiction can be. Don't waiver in your commitment to NOPE!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

These Documentaries were the turning point in my quit...

I totally saw smoking in a whole different way...

Newbies..or anyone who hasn't watched them yet...they are well worth the time ....

I hope they help you too....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Time to bump these ...

Please if you havnt watched these..take the time..it was the  turning point for me...I finally saw the light about smoking...

I never craved once after watching these...

Settle down ...take the time.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MwBenson said:

I am really looking forward to warching these. Watching videos on smoking really seems to help my resolve to stay quit no matter what!

I got a lot from these.  I also like re=watching all the psa about quit and anti-smoking... there are a few threads with them in here... these are good to watch if you are getting a feeling that smoking might be a nice idea, because it wont. I'll go bump some.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 10:03 AM, MwBenson said:

I am really looking forward to warching these. Watching videos on smoking really seems to help my resolve to stay quit no matter what!

Watching these ...changes my whole attitude to smoking ....I hate everything about it now ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched all of these last night and thought all 3 were really interesting.  I was glued for almost three hours. 

I wanted to come away hating the tobacco industry but it didn't happen for me. I think there was so much other stuff I hated that my hatred for the tobacco industry got a bit diluted. 

I hated the night riders and was appalled at what they did

I hated the Government for not putting cigarettes into a food or drug bracket so they didn't have strict monitoring, that they were happy to take 1 million a day from tobacco companies and that the president's health advisor binned Project XA which was a safer cigarette called Palladium

I hated that nobody listened to the surgeons who expressed their concern at smoking and cigarettes

I hated that Carter got rid of Kalifarno who based his campaign on the danger of cigarettes. Carter went on to say that people rely on tobacco companies to make a living

Yes the tobacco companies supply the killer cigarettes, but the Government's clearly get so much revenue from them they don't want smoking to stop any time soon. 

I was shocked at the underhanded tactics some tobacco companies used but then I'm shocked about a lot of things that happened back then. It was a different era and people got away with things they would never get away with now. 

Maybe my thoughts mean I don't fit in to the ideals here, or maybe even that my quit is doomed for failure. I didn't come away in a rage like others have and I don't blame the tobacco companies for me smoking. 

I do think they should have these documentaries as part of the school curriculum. The woman who smoked through her neck would shock anyone. 

12 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Maybe my thoughts mean I don't fit in to the ideals here, or maybe even that my quit is doomed for failure. I didn't come away in a rage like others have and I don't blame the tobacco companies for me smoking.

UM... nope, you fit in... plenty don't hate big tobacco... or like me.... I am really angry at big tobacco and they're attitudes and sneaky practices... but I most certainly don't blame them for my smoking.... I just hate that they are happy to make millions peddling death.... does that make sense??? Anyway... not why I meant to post.... wanted to say there is now ideal to fit into here... we often disagree with eat other but we are grown ups and can usually disagree and even debate without insulting or disrespecting others. It most certainly does not mean your quit is doomed to fail.... that is just ludicrous. My rage is because they know the damage their product does and they just don't care.... but absolutely do not blame them for me smoking, I did that not them. I love that you opinion is different and you post about it.

• 4 weeks later...