Just a hello

larklibby

Hello,

I'm new to the forum (about 30 minutes new) so thought I would drop in a quick post to say hello. 

I am a smoker of 25 years and tomorrow I plan to stop. I have 2 smokes left which will be gone before I sleep. I'm down to 10 smokes a day and finally I feel I'm in a good place to break free. I've stopped a couple of times in the past for a month or so, but just slipped back into it. I have recently completed a 10k run and have two more planned in the next few months, so hopefully that will help with focus!

I know it will be a journey with ups and downs, but reading across the forum it seems there is some great support here.

I was thinking of setting up a blog, I think that will help. 

Thanks,

Karl 

• Like 9

Welcome aboard ,Karl..

Congrats on the decision to stop slowly killing yourself. ;)

Every one of us here are former smokers. We can and will offer any support or advice that we can.

It's quit a journey, but if you hang on and see it through the benefits are amazing.

Running a 10k is already quite an accomplishment...you may see, that as you progress in your quit, there will be some days that you just have to do something to take your mind off of the cravings... A lot of members here turned to exercise ...it's great to feel how fast the lungs seem to clear up.. There is nothing like a big breath of clean air...

Check in with us often. Those that stay close to this board and stay active on it until they have this no smoking thing under control, seem to be a lot more successful in their quit.

Good luck, and happy to have you aboard!

• Like 5

welcome to the Quit Train Karl!  Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!  There is a lot of information here to read and learn about nicotine addiction.  The more you know, the more prepared you are for that roller coaster of a ride.  

One thing we do here is commit to NOPE--Not one puff ever.  It works.  One day at a time.

Glad to have you here!

• Like 4

Welcome Karl!  You have made a great decision to quit smoking!  My suggestion is to read and then read some more so you can learn all you can about this addiction.

• Like 2

Hi Karl, welcome to the QT and congratulations on deciding to quit.

Just one tip for ya. Throw everything you own smoking related away and I mean everything. You will wake up tomorrow a nonsmoker so you will not need those items again and it will aid in your quit.

Congrats again and welcome  :)

• Like 3

Welcome to the QT Karl!  Brilliant decision you are making; you won't regret it.  I spent a lot of time reading the Pinned topics in the Quit Smoking Discussion thread during my first few days/weeks here and found that to be really helpful.  We have a good thing going here...support, wisdom, humor.  I'm glad you found it!

• Like 2

Well hi there ...a fellow scoucer......great to see you here.....

Getting aboard the quit train....best thing you could ever have done.....

Read all you can here.....I'm here always if you need help .....

Congrats kidda.....

Xx

• Like 2

Welcome, larklibby.

So today is the day and I see you're two hours into your quit right now. :)  Have you read the "Quit Smoking Timetable"?  I kept it fresh in my mind when I first quit and read it several times per day.  Check out Joel's Video Library pinned at the top of the Quit Smoking board.

Please, if you have any concerns, fear of relapse, questions etc., don't hesitate to post.  If you feel as if you're about to smoke, create a thread in the S.O.S. board and somebody will be right in to help you.  Myself, the mods and many members get alerts to their emails and phones whenever a new topic is created in the S.O.S. board.  Somebody is always here.  :)

How To Quit Smoking

This video lays out simple tips for people wanting to quit smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27zWo7hbcY

• Like 1

Welcome Karl, a blog is a great idea to track your progress, I wish I started one earlier

How are you today?

Hey Tracey

I'm not too bad, finished up my last two smokes before I went to sleep last night. Feeling as expected really, bit lightheaded and raw around the edges! But I'm OK. Going to head out for a run tonight  ^_^

• Like 3

That's great Karl, running will help you, keep your fluid intake up in the first few days your sugar levels will be low while your body readjust, juice or fruit is good. keep posting and you will get great support here

Congratulations on your quit woo hoo day 1 :)

• Like 1

Hi Karl and welcome on board the QT, congratulations on the best decision you will ever make and that is quitting smoking.  Stay close to the board and educate yourself on the addict within, its not until we can stand up and truthfully say "I am an Addict" that we can truly begin to tackle our nicodemons.  Some wonderful people on board and we will support you on your amazing journey.  Looking forward to sharing your journey with you xx

• Like 1

Well hi there ...a fellow scoucer......great to see you here.....

Getting aboard the quit train....best thing you could ever have done.....

Read all you can here.....I'm here always if you need help .....

Congrats kidda.....

Xx

scoucer? someone from Liverpool?

• Like 2

Yes end of day one!

It's been a wobbly day, pretty much knew what to expect. Just drinking a peppermint tea then i'm off to bed, not sure how much sleep I will get! But day one is dusted  :D

• Like 6

Hi Karl - welcome and congrats on navigating day 1 :-). You are doing a great thing for yourself, so read up, sip juice and stay close - you will find great support here - oh and make sure you keep us posted on how your run time improves as your quit progresses :-)

• Like 1

Morning Karl....

Well done buddy.....take it steady....one hour at a time if you have too.....

Even one minute....

Your a fab non smoker now.....

We are here if you need us ....for anything......

Forgot to ask ....you red or blue.?.....