Non Smoking Cats

Tink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What happens to a cat's nose living outdoors at -40 C (Dark Spot is from severe frostbite)

wvycs9.jpg

Holly "The Non-Smoking Christmas Cat" captured in a live trap Dec. 29th 2017 in our back yard. Could not be in the same room with her for a month after capture without her going crazy. To this day she will not eat food put out for her until everyone has left the room. She must have been abused in some way connected to feeding as a kitten. Don't know how old she is but not more than two years now and probably under 1 year when captured. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

What happens to a cat's nose living outdoors at -40 C (Dark Spot is from severe frostbite)

wvycs9.jpg

Holly "The Non-Smoking Christmas Cat" captured in a live trap Dec. 29th 2017 in our back yard. Could not be in the same room with her for a month after capture without her going crazy. To this day she will not eat food put out for her until everyone has left the room. She must have been abused in some way connected to feeding as a kitten. Don't know how old she is but not more than two years now and probably under 1 year when captured. 

She's such a pretty kitty. My Tiki was wild when caught and she's turned into such a little love but it took years. I got her when she was about 11 months old. Give her time, she looks to be the same breed as Tiki and they're very loving kitties. Thanks for rescuing her :) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

She's such a pretty kitty. My Tiki was wild when caught and she's turned into such a little love but it took years. I got her when she was about 11 months old. Give her time, she looks to be the same breed as Tiki and they're very loving kitties. Thanks for rescuing her :) 

It's odd because she snuggles with my wife , who doesn't really like cats until this one came along yet she's still a little hesitant with me and cats normally flock to me for whatever reason so I figure she must have been abused by a man in her early days maybe? She's living the good life now though - that's for sure :) Our other cat hates her but he hates everyone including us :15_yum: They seemed to have found their common ground now that we moved houses. It's no one's claimed territory I suppose?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

It's odd because she snuggles with my wife , who doesn't really like cats until this one came along yet she's still a little hesitant with me and cats normally flock to me for whatever reason so I figure she must have been abused by a man in her early days maybe? She's living the good life now though - that's for sure :) Our other cat hates her but he hates everyone including us :15_yum: They seemed to have found their common ground now that we moved houses. It's no one's claimed territory I suppose?

I've had two cats of that breed, one a male and Tiki my female and both of them were/are one person cats. Tiki will take food from my husband but that's about it. Tucks her head under if he tries to pet her. So I don't think you being a male makes any difference. I think if my husband had of been the one who took care of her the tables would be turned.  Here's my Tiki

tiki.JPG

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jillar said:

I've had two cats of that breed, one a male and Tiki my female and both of them were/are one person cats. Tiki will take food from my husband but that's about it. Tucks her head under if he tries to pet her. So I don't think you being a male makes any difference. I think if my husband had of been the one who took care of her the tables would be turned.  Here's my Tiki

tiki.JPG

Their fur is so plush and soft. Our other black short-haired cat seems constantly angry and likes to bite anyone who chooses to put their hand on him. I have been on antibiotics more than once because of infections he has passed on - yet I continue to feed and house him. Go figure!  He comes running and is all rubbing up against your leg when it's feeding time though lol!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Their fur is so plush and soft. Our other black short-haired cat seems constantly angry and likes to bite anyone who chooses to put their hand on him. I have been on antibiotics more than once because of infections he has passed on - yet I continue to feed and house him. Go figure!  He comes running and is all rubbing up against your leg when it's feeding time though lol!

OMG, I had one of those too! Little Nike, she was so pretty and she'd jump on your lap to lay down and if you pet her more than a couple times her eyes would turn black, her tail whipping about and then she mauled! Not just a warning bite but a full on bite and rip. I bled so much from her but still loved and cared for that little witch lol. She got dementia when she was about 14 and died a year later ? This is little Nike

000_0003_0001.JPG

• Like 4

Here's the biter - Misfit! Found in the garden in May 13 years ago. Mother went missing before kittens were weaned. We had to feed from a bottle for 3 weeks.

Vet said: "It won't live!" He's now 13 years old and a bit of a fatty :) Does not know how good he's got it :3_grin:

2nuqefc.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...