Tea

bakon

care to explain posh?

Wealthy Europeans doing "the tour" to Egypt and the Middle East wanted the most comfortable (and expensive) accommodations on the ship. Those accommodations were termed "POSH":

Port 

Outbound

Starboard

Homebound

Every group needs a member who is a veritable wealth of useless information. That's me!  :)

• Like 4

yes posh means stuck up lol

in the early years tea was worth more than gold and only the high class had tea and they used to lock it up in tea chests, so anyone having tea was classed as posh or high society

then tea was widely available even to the working classes   :o omg said all the posh people 

as time went on and still to this day some people are stuck up and want to be seen differently to the working class and drink tea such as earl grey or lady grey, but some just like the taste  :P

Here is the origin of "earl Grey"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FEarl_Grey_tea&ei=d8TsVM30McSmgwS4zIHYBQ&usg=AFQjCNElWha6uHXXNWaS_2irfkila7ozTA

Wealthy Europeans doing "the tour" to Egypt and the Middle East wanted the most comfortable (and expensive) accommodations on the ship. Those accommodations were termed "POSH":

Port 

Outbound

Starboard

Homebound

Every group needs a member who is a veritable wealth of useless information. That's me!  :)

Actually, it relates to the steamers to India and back - otherwise spot on. Colour me impressed.

The Port side had more shade on the outward journey and the reverse on the return. Being coloured by the sun indicated that that one worked outside and was therefore poor. This was true until a French Chick called Coco Chanel turned the world upside-down.

Now - onto matters of import.

Tea does not come in bags. A terrible modern invention. Make your tea in a pot with leaves. Afterwards Marti can read them for you.

You should find something to suit your taste here:

http://www.whittard.co.uk

The Bandit prefers his tea without milk and enjoys a multitude of varieties

• Like 2

ok I will be posh...don't sound that bad really for a beer drinking redneck...like sweatshirts in the tea room?

as for no tea bags....babbs hold the giggle...I love tea bags and not playing with leaves and other paraphernalia....

checked out the queen's site...problem is I don't have any of the money with the L in front. Mine all starts with $.

So next Giant Eagle trip...what am I looking for spacey....

marti the milk is a NO, sugar a maybe but weakens the whole thing to kiddy drink light kool aid- oh no a new name for burrito- the kool aid man....

go away skinny scott.

Earl Grey taste stronger, or maybe I don't know how to get proper color (notice no U in color Elton).

PG tips I will try to make both you happy

Spacey-(I heard of Tetley before but will try it too, just don't tell smarti cause she already thinks I am weak after not putting up a fight in Florida)

• Like 1

Had tetley' for lunch. Good. Don't see much difference in it an Duncan donut brand but better than cheapo brands. Tea bag did good but no string so burnt fingers fishing it out

Still my Connecticut made brand twinings or Tazo posh earl grey is stronger

• Like 1

Had tetley' for lunch. Good. Don't see much difference in it an Duncan donut brand but better than cheapo brands. Tea bag did good but no string so burnt fingers fishing it out

Still my Connecticut made brand twinings or Tazo posh earl grey is stronger

Twinings... do you raise your pinky finger as you sip your tea??

• Like 2

http://www.republicoftea.com/

My go to tea place. You can get the stuff in loose leaf or bags (no strings though, I would suggest using a spoon so as not to burn fingers.... fingers are important).

Vanilla Almond is my favorite, also really like vanilla rooibos as an alternative hot drink (not really tea, some of  these  peeps might freak if you call it tea...). 

The chai from republic sucks though... its weak sauce and I don't understand why. Still trying to find a good chai. 

Now I am in trouble because I know how to pay for L things with 'merica monies... Alice in Wonderland mugs? yes please!!

• Like 1

Why did it take a hippy from west coast to tell me the time and too long makes it bitter....islanders keep saying proper color (with a U)

I have to check box, Tetley is pretty good this morning, but not sure it was purple box...

Offered all guys at work a tea bag tis morning, only sonic said yes....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Oh my - never realised how entertaining this thread was !! Tracey - trust me .... Iced mint green tea is the best summer drink ever - and that is from a colonial who Lives with 40 Celsius temps !! ... Said colonial now crawls back under doona and prays for winter to pass :-( see you all in September :-)

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

How did I miss this thread...fricken hilarious...just sayin' in our hours Earl Grey is referred to as "period tea"....bergamont, the flower sh1t that makes it taste like perfume, is an antispasmodic so when ya all crampy with ya time of month is the only time to drink it.

Aussie Afternoon tea is nice n strong and good to drink without milk (yep wot ya put on the cereal), twinnings make it... if I'm drinking pot tea I usually go for Bushells cos Grandma did but find the bags OK, Nevada bags are my go to though.