Okay Here Goes.....

JackiMac

Hi all my fellow quitters, stopped again last night at 10.30.  Surely this time it will be a sticky quit.  I hate this relapsing, but when the addiction calls its a fecking strong bugger.  Its like having the two little birds on your shoulder, one is yes and one is no and your brain swivels from left to right constantly, until frustration, anger whatever you want to call it creeps upon you and you find yourself falling yet again.  I am no longer asking myself why, but I am telling myself this time I will succeed.  I always believed that I would never be a relapser that I was stronger than the addiction, that I could do this, but here I am again 2nd relapse a year down the line and trying again.  Yes I know the trigger points, I know what to look for, I have no answers, I have no excuses, Its just me here trying to make this my sticky quit, trying to be stronger than before, because only Me myself can make this last.  So Introducing Myself, My name is Jackie, I quit on 3rd Febuary, 2015 at 10.30,  I have relapsed twice in the last 12 months, once at 7 months and once at 3 months, I stand up and say to you all I AM ADDICT, but I am aiming for this to be my sticky quit.

• Like 18

Jackie! Good! I overthink too. I can talk myself into doing dumb things. It is better I think to not overthink regarding quitting. White knuckle the quit if needed. Control against the urge, the impulse, you can be angry and frustrated for awhile. I was a royal you know what for several months.

• Like 4

Loved your post...except there is a tone of "trying" and "aiming" in the last paragraph.....

no aim

no try

Just DO..cause it's doable...you've done it before...

you are already educated...you've had your relapse and now know what it feels like

So now you've been there and done that....

There is nothing left but DO

:)

Welcome back Jackie!!

• Like 4

Jackie this is your time - I think Babs picked up a few royalties and rightfully so plugging in NIKE - just do It.. that is the only ,mindset to have- 

Self-Refection and Realization are also key - you identified your triggers - now you have to find a way to counteract them - you have the right mindset

and I applaud you for owning up to your set backs - time for you to be a non-smoker for good.. You got this Jackie -just ask yourself what makes 

this quit different then the last time -  your answer will get you through any "craves you think you are having"- keep focused and you shall prevail.

• Like 5

You are Yoda Jackie...there is no try....beat this you will :)

Seriously babe, it's always gonna be tempting to give up giving up, otherwise no one would smoke! What I can say is I felt what you felt at thsoe specific times too and held on and it passed. I think maybe you need to trust that it does always pass.

Love your commitment, here for you anytime! 

Let's "get er done"

x

• Like 1

Jackie, I've been there too many times....

I want a smoke....NO

A smoke would be good right now.....NO

Know what would top off this right now? A smoke.....NO

What do we want right now? A smoke....NO

A smoke sounds good for this....NO

(About one-hundred thousand times later)

A smoke seems fitting for this.....YES

That is how everyone relapses. For all those NO's we said, it only takes one yes.

Don't ever say yes again. Knock that little birdie off your other should and don't let it land again.

• Like 6

Lots of good direction for you on this thread... I agree with babs and humbled...
You have proven that you can do it... you are just lacking a little bit in the long term follow through...
So this time.. get rid of the maybe's and the I thinks... And just do it!!!
I am not saying that it was a piece of cake... but I look back now and think " well that wasnt so bad " I wish I had done it sooner. But at the time.. it was one of the hardest things I ever did.

Do it for you!!!

Do it for those who love you!!!

And Hell... do it for us because we are your biggest fans!!!

You can do this... You know you can....  So do it this time!!!!

We all know you can!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jackie, I know you can do it! Every relapse is a moment that can be learned from too so that it will never be repeated. Analyze what led to it so you can avoid that collaboration of circumstances again in the future and keep your quit going strong. Wish you more than luck on your journey!

• Like 1