No Man's Land!

REZ

A place where the excitement of your quit is wearing off, so what do you have to look forward too?

For me at that time I was very engaged in the forms and was getting to know a very special person so that land was a narrow piece of property that went by with a blink of the eye. I am guessing that everyone has had a different experience here. I did look back at some of my early posts and think about how far I have come and all the good things that have happened to me since I quit smoking.

The cravings were far apart if any and not nearly as strong as they used to be if I got one. I was sleeping again and not waking up in the middle of the night thinking about a cigarette. My cloths, car, and house do not smell of cigarettes anymore. I could take a deep breath and not cough because my smokers cough was gone. i was trying to exercise and live a healthier life. My sense of taste and smell had returned as I was enjoying the smell of foods, perfume, flowers and just the clean fresh air around me. My teeth are whiter then I could ever remember them being and my gums don't bleed when brushing them anymore. The jar that I put my money in saved from not buying cigarettes was full. I could now smell someone smoking walking down the street in front of me or in the car next to me and I could even tell if someone is a smoker even if they are not smoking now. I was not scared to travel anymore or go to places that did not allow smoking because it would interfere with my smoking habit. My energy and self confidence was back if full force and the most important thing I think was that I was very and still am very proud of myself because I did something that is one of the hardest thing to do in this world, well with a little help from my friends here! :good3:  

So no man's land is not a land to be scared of but to look forward to because it means that you are now a NON SMOKER!   

• Like 15

• 2 years later...