I feel like I never smoked

Gemzee

Seriously, it seems so strange to think that I used to smoke. I used to feel like smoking was part of my identity, a part of me and now I seriously can not even imagine that being a part of me ever again. :)

• Like 19

Oh, wow. That is awesome. I can wait to get there. It still comes across my mind when I am mad or stressed, but as a fleeting thought not really as a craving. ;)

It gets less & less as time goes on :)

• Like 1

When I first quit I was amazed at people who posted this type of thing.  I wanted it to be true and yet I was so skeptical. 

For all you newbies out there, this does happen.  You find a new normal and I can promise you that I would go through the beginning a 1000 times at once to get to this place of peace.   

• Like 3

I feel the same way Gemzee. It's great, this feeling of freedom. You're not a slave to your addiction anymore!

I can't even fathom a life with cigarettes again. The idea actually repulses me. 

I assure any newbie struggling, it most definitely gets better in time! Just keep holding onto that quit.

• Like 3

Sometimes I see people - particularly younger ones - smoking and think why - that was something I never would have said 8 months go !

Gem- when do you go ??

A week tomorrow :)

It's similar for me. Smoking used to be a part of my identity, I believed it was one of the things that defines me and that life without it would just feel awkward, like a giant part of me would be missing.

Now I see how silly it was. And what kind of crazy things addiction makes you feel, think, do, say.

I guess in a way it did "define" me, being an addict was my almost occupation, and almost everything I did or didn't do was somehow smoking related. But that wasn't "me" as I falsely thought. I'm so glad it's in the past now.

• Like 1

Gem - will the holiday be a trigger? All that cider and old faces?

Just being a bit Markus on you - "BE vigilant!" :)

After that note of caution - what a fantastic feeling! Can't wait to be there myself!

I don't think it will but I'll be vigilant :)

Seriously, it seems so strange to think that I used to smoke. I used to feel like smoking was part of my identity, a part of me and now I seriously can not even imagine that being a part of me ever again. :)

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Young Grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave" --  Master Kan

<Gemzee snatches pebble>

"It is time to leave the Temple" -- Master Sarge

Congratulations.

You have arrived.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Young Grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave" -- Master Kan

<Gemzee snatches pebble>

"It is time to leave the Temple" -- Master Sarge

Congratulations.

You have arrived.

Easy Peasy

Wow! Thanks :)

Gemzee, right on!  And the good news: each day you are quit, the better you feel... I can't even identify myself as a former smoker anymore... the thought of putting a cig in my mouth and smoking it is really foreign to me.

• Like 2

With the attitude you've been displaying IAmDoingIt, you've got this in the bag! :) The feeling of forgetting you ever smoked is such a great feeling and so completely doable, as long as you stick with your quit!