the e-mail we got last night from our daughter (and granddaughters)

joe

My oldest daughters youngest daughter is just a little over 1 year old. She (they both) were a "miracle" baby.They tried for a couple years to get pregnant with "Josie"..because of a blood enzyme she has, her Dr. told her that she was lucky to have carried Lexi to term, let alone a second one. She had quite a few miscarriages before this was discovered...so...

When we received this e-mail last night we were caught completely off guard!.. No text, just these pics!  :)

Lexi_zpsc0f458c4.jpgJosie_zps17ad6461.jpgLexiampJosie_zpsa3444c31.jpg

It turns out, Kelli and Troy had been trying for another...and...unlike the previous attempts, so far everything is going good...I think she said that the Dr. feels once she got past week 12, the odds increase dramatically that she will carry it to term...She is currently in week 14 I think she said...She had held off telling us until she was this far along so that we wouldnt worry as much (sorry...we still will)...

He grandfather (my wifes Dad) is to undergo surgery Monday for colon cancer, and though tests have been taken, no results are back yet, but it may have spread to his lungs..so it looks like he could have quite a battle ahead of him (we just found this out about a week..or week and ahalf  ago).. So..anyhow, thats another reason she held off with any announcement...

my wife and daughters are visiting "Grandma and Granddad" in his hospital room  today and going to let  them in on the surprise...

I would have to count again, but this baby would bring the total of kids, grand-kids, and great grand-kids..(and a few great-great grand-kids)to somewhere in the 75 neighborhood...!!..here is a pic of my in-laws a few years ago at Jodis (my second youngest daughters) wedding..

382061_10100433842143894_756241924_n.jpg

So...since it seems like all I ever had to report was bad news, I was laying low on my posting...how-ever, since I finally have some great news to share, I thought I would put this out there for those of you interested...

and that brings up a poll Colleen is going to have to conduct...

Is this next baby going to stretch the streak to 11 girls gathering at my house next summer....or..are we going to get that elusive boy this time? (for those that dont know..I have a wife...4 daughters and 6 granddaughters)

She may find out in a couple weeks...because of her condition and constant monitoring, in a couple weeks (I think she said week 15) the Dr. will be able to tell (something like 98% accurate) the sex by the blood work......

QUE SERA  SERA ......................as long as things go good!  :)

• Like 11

Thanks Marti...

My daughter was on "FaceTime" with us on my iPad, when she sent the e-mail to my wife's account.. She told my wife that she sent some pics and wanted her to look at them and give her opinion... So, Kelli was watching us when Sherrie opened her email..

Kelli lives a couple hours away so that's why she made the "announcement" this way..

• 2 weeks later...