my first SOS

tony950

Hi Tony-

I am so new here and I'm on day 4 of my cold turkey quit. I have been a social smoker for most of my life until ~ 1 year ago when I went through marital problems and then a divorce, so I know how though times can be a huge trigger. For me, I was looking for any excuse to dull the pain and since I don't drink, nicotine was my only vice. i would imagine it would be similar with physical pain when compared with emotional pain.

You can do this! Keep reaching out here. It has saved me the past few days and with so much love, encouragement and support, I don't want to smoke again. I have cravings but I know I won't die from them. I am taking this one minute at a time and you have caught me in a good minute :)

Tony - tough times my friend.

Great decision to get quitting - stress will always be a part of modern life. Smoker or not.

You have shown that you can do this - so lets go again.

Welcome back aboard.

thanks el. i should kept more on here. it does help to vent and talk to other people

Hi Tony-

I am so new here and I'm on day 4 of my cold turkey quit. I have been a social smoker for most of my life until ~ 1 year ago when I went through marital problems and then a divorce, so I know how though times can be a huge trigger. For me, I was looking for any excuse to dull the pain and since I don't drink, nicotine was my only vice. i would imagine it would be similar with physical pain when compared with emotional pain.

You can do this! Keep reaching out here. It has saved me the past few days and with so much love, encouragement and support, I don't want to smoke again. I have cravings but I know I won't die from them. I am taking this one minute at a time and you have caught me in a good minute :)

hi etd. the site deos help. i wish i was on my day 4 already, again :)

i hoped things worked out well for you tyme2b. for me things went down hill again. i quit for 4 months then about a 5 weeks ago i started having problums with my porstate. went to the doctors a few times, one trip the er. all that time i was so stressed out and bothered from the pain i was suffering with my prostate and bladder, i started smoking again. so i guess its been 2 weeks now that i went back to smoking a pack a day. the medication they got my taking for my problum is dehydrating me to know end. i am unable to hydate fully wheni go to bed for the night. so i take my meds before i go to sleep , then wake up the next monring feeling worse and worse. this morning i woke up and drank 2 cups of coffee and did 2 smoke breaks. got done with the second smoke break, came back in house and had the feeling of shortness of breath. so i was forced to use an inhaler. it worked some what. im doing a little better now. but i feel like im back to gorund 0 again and that 4 months of nt smoking was all for nothing. so here we go again. made the decision once again to try and stop smoking again starting today, cold turkey

Tony I am doing well now thanks with help from my Doc. I feel badly you have gone through a tough time with prostate problems....I think most of us have been stress smokers in the past. We "believed" smoking helped stress & maybe it did as nicotine stimulates dopamine receptors. But, We need to learn to deal with stress in a whole new way that doesn't put our lives at risk. I think most of us tried to quit smoking many times before we succeeded but despite falling off the train due to your recent & most unfortunate illness, you can still board the train again. And what pleases me most is that you WANT to! Good for you! I am rooting for you! There is so much support & education available on this site....all the tools to succeed! You CAN do this

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

yes i was feeling better last year but i had a darn relapse last year. and started back up. so  today i made the decision to quit again cold turkey. i sure feel like crap for going back to it, but i hope i can make it stick the time

• Like 3

• 6 months later...