Anyone else?

Nippythedog

Has anyone else noticed how much better they can smell things now?   I was at the store today and of all the people that walked past me....I could pick out the smokers from several feet away!  Yikes!  To think I used to smell like that! :wacko:

• Like 9

It's as though someone turned the sense of smell button on, isn't it? I imagine you'll notice your food taste better too as I leaned that taste is a combo of smell and taste buds.. You have so many benefits coming your way...so excited for you.

• Like 3

I remember the first time it dawned on me that my sense of smell was 100 times improved, was when..one evening, I went out to get the mail (I live in a somewhat rural location, and the mailbox is at the end of the drive)

There was a few cars coming, so I waited until they passed  before I stepped out to open the mailbox....as the last tcar passed....at approx 50mph.....I could smell his cigarette!..Ii was amazed!!..I quit in November, so it was cold out, I am sure they guys window was up most of the way, and passing at 50 (+) mph I could smell it....

Thats when I had the same thought.....Did I smell like that?...if so...people (non-smokers) could smell me before I come into a room! :(

And...about the food...I found it DOES have more taste... I even try different foods now than I would have when I was smoking...most foods were too bland, so I didnt care for it...but now, I actually TASTE the food, and am willing to try new things!  :D

• Like 1

For me this was one of the early joys in my quit! I used to think that all scented candles did not really give off much scent and I wondered why people had them burning. After I quit I was in the grocery store and all of a sudden I could smell them from an aisle away. :)

Ps Nippythedog is an excellent screen name

• Like 1

Garbage day becomes interesting ;)

Much joy to be had from now on nippy :)  You'll find yourself becoming a "scent junkie" now, sniffing fabric softeners, scented candles, room fresheners etc etc lol. It's wonderful, really pleased you've found this new win.

x

• Like 1

Definitely - and you hit the nail on the head - I am appalled that I used to smell like that and didn't notice it - I can't lie

sometimes I actually enjoy smelling  my own hands because they don't smell like crap anymore - in the past if something

smelled bad I would put my hands over my face to avoid it only to find my own hands smelled like stale smoke. So Gross!

Haha now I wonder how many of you just cupped your hands over your face to see what I am talking about - much better right?

• Like 2

Definitely - and you hit the nail on the head - I am appalled that I used to smell like that and didn't notice it - I can't lie

sometimes I actually enjoy smelling  my own hands because they don't smell like crap anymore - in the past if something

smelled bad I would put my hands over my face to avoid it only to find my own hands smelled like stale smoke. So Gross!

Haha now I wonder how many of you just cupped your hands over your face to see what I am talking about - much better right?

Busted lol

• Like 1

I had to laugh the other day...

One of my customers, a smoker, wanted to light one of her Yankee Candles. So she unwrapped it and immediately I could smell a tropical fruit smell. I just mentioned that it smelt like mango and pineapples and she gave me a strange (almost annoyed) response and said " but I haven't lit it yet!" To which I told her but you have taken the wrapping off and I can smell it love.

Her face was priceless.... ;)

• Like 2

Garbage day becomes interesting ;)

Much joy to be had from now on nippy :)  You'll find yourself becoming a "scent junkie" now, sniffing fabric softeners, scented candles, room fresheners etc etc lol. It's wonderful, really pleased you've found this new win.

x

LOL.  That's one smell I wish I could avoid! 

Has anyone else noticed how much better they can smell things now? I was at the store today and of all the people that walked past me....I could pick out the smokers from several feet away! Yikes! To think I used to smell like that! :wacko:

Yes, sense of smell has definitely improved a lot. Before I stopped smoking, my sense of smell was next to dead. Now, Im quite enjoying - for the most part! - smelling new things!

• Like 1