Day 1

Nippythedog

Hello all!  My name is Michele and I am an addict.  Today is Day 1 of being Nicotine free.  I'm currently on Day 7 of Chantix.  I have "quit" Cold turkey once before for 6 months and then relapsed.   I am done with smoking!  NOPE

Never give up....Never surrender!

• Like 11

Welcome aboard , Nippy...

That's a good attitude you have.. That's how you beat the addiction..make up your mind and just never give in... N.O.P.E.

You will find lots of help and advice from the great people here... Stay close and listen to what they have to say... We were all smokers at some time, so we can all relate to the ups and downs you may encounter...

Tell us a little more about yourself...how long have you smoked? .. How much? ...

If you haven't already done so, watch some of Joel's videos... They contain a lot of information and advice .. I must have watched them for hours the first few days of my quit...

Knowledge is power!!!

Welcome and nice to have you here :)

• Like 3

Welcome aboard , Nippy...

That's a good attitude you have.. That's how you beat the addiction..make up your mind and just never give in... N.O.P.E.

You will find lots of help and advice from the great people here... Stay close and listen to what they have to say... We were all smokers at some time, so we can all relate to the ups and downs you may encounter...

Tell us a little more about yourself...how long have you smoked? .. How much? ...

If you haven't already done so, watch some of Joel's videos... They contain a lot of information and advice .. I must have watched them for hours the first few days of my quit...

Knowledge is power!!!

Welcome and nice to have you here :)

Hi Joe!   I'm 38 years old and married.  We have 2 dogs no kids.  I've been a one pack a day smoker for 8 years. 

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome!

Hi and welcome :)

Someone said to me early days the way to fight this is with knowledge. Understanding what we are doing works far better then brute strength so the reading and watching the videos are a really good first step.  

Chantix is a great help and now you are getting all the toxins and nicotine out of your system, amazingly 72 hours after putting out the lastcig you are nicotine free!!  It will help to take sips of fruit juice, any but cranberry works quickest...the fruit juice helps with your blood sugar levels which jump about a little while they get used to no nicotine.  Otherwise you can feel tired. 

x

• Like 1

What a great decision you've made! :) Welcome to QT. There's a ton of information and friendship here. I keep the site open on my computer during most of my waking hours so I can quickly access it and read a bit in-between the other things I do during the day. 

• Like 1

Welcome Michele :)  This site enabled many of us to quit and stay quit.  I'd like to suggest that you start out each day by pledging NOPE here.  It helps you stay accountable by pledging Not One Puff Ever.  If you ever feel like you are in danger of smoking, please post an SOS here.  If you want to stay quit, we will talk you through it.  Also, if you have a few extra minutes here is great video that helped me out.

• Like 1