Devil Doll

This was my first ever post: "I am DD. I signed up and have been lurking for a few days. As of yesterday 12/31 at 5 p.m. (est) I am smoke free. This is the first year that I didn't wake up in the morning and grab for the box and lighter. I was a smoker for 22 years, nearly 3 packs a day. I have tried quit before but have failed and resigned myself to being a smoker forever.  I feel different this time, I WANT this, I WANT to be a non smoker, I WANT to be healthy. I know that this is not going to be easy. I know that I am going to be tested. I know that I am going to need to lean on you and will probably have quite a few SOS posts.

Anyway, good morning, Happy New Year, and I am thankful to be here and to pledge N.O.P.E. for my first time.”

Three hundred sixty five days of NOPE (just for today). It wasn't always easy but it was always doable especially since this board was here to help. If you take it one day at a time and use the board and the SOS system it is nowhere near as hard as the junkie makes us think that it is. 

When I made the resolution to stop I looked for a place where I would be surrounded by people who knew what I was going through and would be able to support me.  I have made friends, offered my support and have celebrated the milestones of my peers.. especially the Winter Quitters who are fast on my heels with their celebrations coming up!!!!! 

We are celebrating my quit today but I am celebrating the fact that you all helped to get me here. Newbies, you are included in that, you all say that I inspire you but you inspire me. The further you get from your quit date the more complacent you become. Newbies posting their struggles and what they are going through keeps the more seasoned members in check and your strength in making it through your struggle strengthens our own resolve. 

Thanks to all of you.. ALL. OF. YOU. I am looking forward to another year of laughter, tears, love and paying it forward! 

Cheers my friends. 

Disclaimer: DD will only be mushy and sentimental once a year so eat it up because tomorrow crazy DD will be back :wub:

• Like 19

You know you're a little bit amazing right...I mean I have said for sure haven't I!!

My friend I am proper chuffed to bits to see you reach this milestone, no sword wielding zombie apocolypse ready broads normally impress me so :)

Honestly, you are amazing. Your honesty about stages of your quit came to mind a lot for me of late, plus your support... 

Crap I always cry at celebrations!!  I'm so lame but you're such an inspiration you are worth the puffy eyes :)

Love ya, have a fab celebration, go...be awesome.

xx

• Like 3

Hi DD....Huge congratulations for your year smoke free......I wanted to say thanks for your support in helping with my quit, it was important  to me and meant a lot..........

It indeed was a strange year with so much going on and you survived smoke free.....I am very happy for you.  Enjoy a smoke free 2015........Bassman xxoo

• Like 3

Hi DD....Huge congratulations for your year smoke free......I wanted to say thanks for your support in helping with my quit, it was important  to me and meant a lot..........

It indeed was a strange year with so much going on and you survived smoke free.....I am very happy for you.  Enjoy a smoke free 2015........Bassman xxoo

It means a lot that you popped in over here Bassman. Thank you so much and congratulations to you as well. :D
  • Like 1

Wow, a whole year! Hard for a newbie like me to imagine. I don't really know you but am proud of you anyway. Congratulations!

One NOPE at a time.. One day at a time... They all add up and you can do it!

• Like 2

To the computer generated girl. The more you post, the more I am sure you don't exist.

Mushy for one day a year, impossible with the regular hormones of a woman.

Didn't answer me when I asked for a place to eat, but is a regular post any other time.

Couldn't provide a time to meet and had to leave town that whole weekend to avoid "being seen in real life".

As a computer you have adapted to take on some human qualiites but still give off the classic compter generated mistakes.

Picking JEN as real name (too easy).

Changing hair color on a regular basis, to weird to be real.

Horse named Batman- too cool to be real.

Husband some military guy who is like a Rambo secret mission tough guy- too vague to disprove.

Smoked three packs a day and quits on New Years Eve- that's just impossible and only a true super hero could do that, raise kids and help others quit at same time

I call bullship, nobody could do all that.

• Like 1

To the computer generated girl. The more you post, the more I am sure you don't exist.

Mushy for one day a year, impossible with the regular hormones of a woman.

Didn't answer me when I asked for a place to eat, but is a regular post any other time.

Couldn't provide a time to meet and had to leave town that whole weekend to avoid "being seen in real life".

As a computer you have adapted to take on some human qualiites but still give off the classic compter generated mistakes.

Picking JEN as real name (too easy).

Changing hair color on a regular basis, to weird to be real.

Horse named Batman- too cool to be real.

Husband some military guy who is like a Rambo secret mission tough guy- too vague to disprove.

Smoked three packs a day and quits on New Years Eve- that's just impossible and only a true super hero could do that, raise kids and help others quit at same time

I call bullship, nobody could do all that.

I guess that I should change my avatar to Wonder Woman then... ;)

I am pming you with my phone number before your next trip to the south. Just because my name is online doesn't mean I am on. Lol

DD you were one of the first people I 'met' and I have been following along behind you all year.

I was terrified of your Avatar and had a mental image of you as a tough black girl...(2 out of three ain't bad!)

You are Legend DD.

Congratulations on a brilliant year and thank you for sticking around and helping me and so many others follow in your footsteps.

• Like 1