5 Secrets for quitting smoking

Jenny

1. It’s never too late to quit. While it’s best to quit smoking as early as possible, quitting smoking at any age will enhance the length and quality of your life. You’ll also save money and avoid the hassle of going outside in the cold to smoke. You can even inspire those around you to quit smoking!
  2. Learn from past experiences. Most smokers have tried to quit before and sometimes people get discouraged thinking about previous attempts. Instead, treat those experiences as steps on the road to future success. Think about what helped you during those tries and what you’ll do differently in your next quit attempt.
  3. You don’t have to quit alone. Telling friends and family that you’re trying to quit and enlisting their support will help ease the process. PLUS there is the QUITTRAIN where you get support 24/7 from people who can relate.
  4. Medication can help, if you know how to use them.  Many folks don’t use them correctly or don’t use them long enough, so be sure to follow the directions.
  5. Every smoker can quit. Each person needs to find the right combination of techniques for them and above all, they need to keep trying.

Quitting isn’t easy but 50 million ex-smokers in the United States are proof that it’s possible. Make 2015 the year you begin a new, smokefree life!

-American Medical Association

• Like 8

Great post!

This day last year, I put cigarettes in my mouth and lit them. I was a smoker.

This day eleven months ago, I put no cigarettes in my mouth. I was a non-smoker.

I have come to the conclusion that not putting things in my mouth and setting fire to them is definitely the secret...

• Like 4

• 2 years later...