SOS for whole day

Evelyn

I NEED to post an SOS because if I don't I grab back to cigs. I don't need to smoke. I don't need nicotine. I can live without it. 

I in my deepest fiber choose to say NOPE. I have this mental craving and have to go to therapy yet, so I keep this SOS open for afterwards. Tomorrow will feel better. I have to pull through. It's a GOOD thing I went to a lower step of patch.  but this inner conflict about 'needing nicotine' drives me nuts. I'm so scared, now!

How do you shut up your cravings.

Yes, tomorrow will be better, for sure.

The way that I shut up my cravings was to pledge to NOPE. That meant that I couldn't smoke for that day, no matter what (even if it was the end of the world!). I could decide the following day if I wanted to NOPE or smoke, but today - smoking is completely and utterly, without question, off the table!

NOPE shuts up my cravings.  Like Actions said, smoking is utterly OFF THE TABLE.

Good luck with your therapy today, Evelyn.  

It is great to see you posting, your experience will be a great help to people quitting and is an inspiration to all.

Hang in there and Be KIND to yourself.

Love,

S

• Like 1

Had a horrible day. Overrated fears, a friend who was supposed to come over for Christmas phoned me and 'set a boundary' telling me she wasn't sure if she wanted to come because I snapped at her and apologized in the same conversation yetserday. While in whole the universe she can't set boundaries, I suddenly crossed one. After all my peptalk about setting boundaries to her abusive therapist etc. All my support... I'm worth any penny? WTF?!?!

Right now I got my humor back, horse too :P but boy I had quite a day!

Evelyn, sometimes those cravings in your head can be very strong.  I am quit just about 7 months now, and I still get cravings, or urges, in my head.  It is just an old habit that is taking its good old time to die off.  I just sit back and think to myself what smoking a cigarette at this point would do for me.  When I realize how sick I would feel, how yucky it would taste, how horrible I would smell, and how disappointed I would be in myself, I say "nope" and move on.  I also take several deep breaths and exhale, knowing that my lungs are better off for it too.  

You've gone three months now without smoking; don't waste that time.  Three months is huge!  You've got this, and you are doing exactly what you need to do by posting an SOS.  You've got the right mindset going.  Don't let it stop.

I haven't been on the board in a while.  Things have been crazy, but I keep trying to poke my head in here and there.  But, if you ever need someone to get you through that craving, I'm always willing to talk it through if I'm here.  

Stay strong.  You got this.

• Like 1