Coming up on a year this Feburary, My story

AmberDawn727

Wow, I cannot believe that in Feburary it will be a year of no smoking. I never in my life thought I would make it this far. After 5 misscarraiges I knew it was time. I had tried to quit smoking so many times before longest I had it was 3 months. But when I became prego I knew I just had to do it, so in my second trimester i went on chantix, again. I had to do it for my baby, to give the baby a chance to survive. My baby boy is now 4 months old. I was so scared the whole time that he would come out deformed because all the smoking I did. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 17 years.

I still think about it every now and then. But I know i need to stay clean for my baby boy. It smells bad to me now, and hate when I have to walk through a cloud of it in fornt of work. Drives me nuts when smokers do not think about the non smokers, lol.

Just want to say to you all that you think you cannot do it. It is so doable you just have to stay motivated and it is so worth it. I am so glad that I quit and I know this is truly my sticky quit. I want to thank Rain forest for being there through my multiple quits she was always an inspiration and to Diane, To nacy and action, you were a huge help in this quit.

• Like 12

Fantastic Amber! So much good news smoke free, and a wonderful baby boy too - What did you name him?!

You are an inspiration to me, and I'm glad that you finally found your freedom.

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

• Like 1

Oh, Amber-Dawn, it is so wonderful to hear from you!  So glad your quit is safe and you have a beautiful baby boy!  I am sure your post will inspire many.  Please check in when you can...Have a blessed holiday season!