The Calendar

Hello All!!

The calendar is here for everyone to use.  You can add in your own dates for whatever and it will show up as the date approaches.  There are a gazillion different things you can do with it, so you'll just have to play around with it and see what works for you.  :)

What I'm working on doing is when members register and put in their quit date, I'd like the date to automatically track in the calendar so as each 1 month anniversary approaches, it will pop up in the upcoming events.  This is by no way meant to replace making a new thread to celebrate for somebody.  It's just a handy tool to track quick dates so we make sure that nobody slips through the cracks.

If I can't figure out how to do this (if it can even be done), I'll contact a programmer and if it can be done, I'll hire him/her to write the code for it to work this way.

• Like 6

Hi running!

I'm on my phone so I don't see it now, but earlier on my laptop, in the bottom right corner of (I think) my profile page(?) there was a calendar

I just assumed it was a monthly calendar for April....didn't know until now that I could use it for reminders :)

Cool feature

Hi All!

There is a button at the top of the page, same place where the chat button is located.  It will show you the current month as well as all the rest.  You can add any event that you want, have it repeat each month etc.  When you pull the calendar up, click on "add event" and it guides you through the rest.

It is accessible through the mobile version as well.  Personally, I don't like mobile versions of websites but I know a lot of people do.  At the bottom of the mobile version, there is a button that says "use full version".  This will show the site as if you were on a desktop, laptop etc.

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys are clicking the small calendar on the right, but you need to click on the hook (link) named calendar which is on the same row of hooks as chat, gallery etc.  From here, you have full access to the calendar.

If you put your birthday in your profile, it's automatically added to the calendar.  I'm working on having everybody's quit dates added to the calendar if that field is filled out in the profiles.

Please let me know if you're still having issues using the calendar.  :)

Arrrrghh I think I am being dumb!!! lol

MQ if I try to access and post on the Calendar link at the top, when i submit it.... i get... "SORRY you don't have permission for that."

and I only see a small square calendar on the right side of the main website, and cant click anything, there is no link,. and on the right side i see no "gallery" "chat" etc.. only in the tabs at the top of the main page.

pleeeeaaaasseeeeeeeeeee help me before i get mad.. lol

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys are clicking the small calendar on the right, but you need to click on the hook (link) named calendar which is on the same row of hooks as chat, gallery etc.  From here, you have full access to the calendar.

If you put your birthday in your profile, it's automatically added to the calendar.  I'm working on having everybody's quit dates added to the calendar if that field is filled out in the profiles.

Please let me know if you're still having issues using the calendar.  :)

Where do we add our quit date on our profile?

MQ if I try to access and post on the Calendar link at the top, when i submit it.... i get... "SORRY you don't have permission for that."

and I only see a small square calendar on the right side of the main website, and cant click anything, there is no link,. and on the right side i see no "gallery" "chat" etc.. only in the tabs at the top of the main page.

You need to make sure the text box has something in it as well as the title :)

Please put the hockey stick down and slowly back away.  lol

Last night Nancy brought to my attention that she was having the same issue and when I checked, the box was checked to have a mod approve all events.  I changed this so everybody can add whatever they want and use it freely.

I will check again and make sure that I'm not missing anything.

FYI, if you fill in your birthday in your profile (you don't have to put the year) it will automatically be added to the calendar.  Right now, the quit dates although can be added in your profile, are not automatically picked up by the calendar.  I'm working on getting this written so it will work.

Please keep me posted of any issues with the calendar so I can get them fixed.  Thanks for putting down the hockey stick.  :lol:

• Like 3

Yes...calendar making me angry as well...tried putting in my quit date (3-30) again and now it is everywhere!  Not sure how to go back and edit?

Hey, it's okay if you want to celebrate your quit date every other day.  lol  Just click on the days that you want to delete.  You must have it set as a recurring event every other day.  A little vain are we? hahahahahaha  :)

I've been trying everyday, and it's still say's I don't have permission ? 

How are you trying to access Soozie?  Do you get the message when you click on the calendar or when you click "add event"?