very cool geography game

Sazerac

This is on the BBC website and is a great game.

You look at the google-earth photo of a place, you can spin the view and move forward and backward.

then you guess where it is.

Geography Game

Edited to add:  HERE is a site independent of the BBC.

(this site should work for Islanders,  too)

• Like 1

Chrys,

The way Sonic and I played was

after you play you click 'let others challenge your score' and paste that URL here.

Then

the next person plays and can post their score here by hand 

There must be a simple and clever way waiting to be explained by someone more tech savvy than I.

We could keep it compact by quoting a challenge post, playing the challenge and returning to quoted post with your score.

I scored 9,967 HERE

Thanks, Sally, but I am going to have to ration myself on playing the Google geography game. I'm so competitive and so compulsive that I waste tons of time looking up the typical vegetation in Russian tundras or how to tell if you're reading Spanish or Portuguese signs. And, really, when there are no signs of human habitation, how can one possibly tell the difference between a lovely rocky mountain stream in Alberta versus one that looks identical but in Northern Italy or eastern Wyoming? 

I just went to look at this and got :-

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. 

Is it me?  UK residents can't access a site created by a UK company so it can make UK programmes???  Well, thanks for helping to fund our BBC programmes guys - I'll look forward to my licence fee reducing shall I?  Hmm thought not ...

Sorry Sally, the BBC won't let me play!

OH NO !!!  What they say makes no sense !  Y'all pay the damn fees!  grrrrrrrrrrrr.  

There must be another site that offers this game, I will look around.

This game really helped distract me in my quit.  I Will look for another one.

Darn BBC

(they are ruining The Archers, too !  :P )

YAY !!  I found the original (NO BBC involved !)

HERE