Hard Day

Kristin

I had a hard time today. I feel a bit silly posting here after I got through it, but I feel like it was important and I need to get it out there.

Got home from work and the next three hours were non-stop cring from the baby, yelling from the hubby and whining about homework from the boys. All at the same time. (Stress trigger, I know) I went so far as to get up find my keys, purse, coat and shoes and get in my car. Started the car up and just sat there for ten minutes. I don't think I really wanted to go buy cigarettes, so why the hell did I go through all that trouble? Thinking pretty obsessively about cigarettes and being an addict all night. Ugh, this really is one long hard road out of hell.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late Kristin, I only just woke up!

I'm sorry you had a hard day, but the truth is that everybody has hard days, even non-smokers! And everyone has a way of oping with the stress. The trouble is, that we always used cigarettes, for years and years, since we can remember! Now we have to Learn to cope a different way, and it's hard! But it will happen, and you will be OK.

You are doing great and I hope you are feeling a little better... Big hug!

Aww sweetie, and breath!!  Sometimes it's just a bad day, they happen for non smokers too though, good to remember.

For you that sounds like a definate bad day, do something nice for yourself as a treat!! Crying babies and yelling hubbies equal new shoes thoughts for sure :)  

Honestly, great you recorded it. It will show you in weeks/months how far you have come. Smoking never fixes any of those problems, and on top you just feel rubbish for giving in. 

Deep breath, chin up, shoulders back - keep marching! Posting this shows how great you are doing!!

Sending love and strength. xx

• Like 1

Well done Kristin!

Each one of these that you go through cements the quit. Great work!

We men are put on earth to test the patience and forbearance of you you ladies - sounds like your collection of men is working hard at it ;)

You are doing great - hell week beaten and coming to the end of heck week. Fantastic!

You are young in your quit and already Victorious.

Protect your quit  with ferocity, YOU are very very precious.

Craves will pass.  You will keep your Freedom.

You are stronger having faced a big trigger.

You will be stronger still.

victorious.jpg

• Like 1

Great job - you fell into an old routine but stopped yourself from going to the store - that is a huge victory if you ask me - it just means you 

can deal with it without the nicotine - habits are hard to break -but you just crushed it - well done! Hang in there.  :)

Nothing wrong with posting your victory over the nicotine monster!

You battled it and won so you have every right to post it and be proud!!!

Winning the daily battles against the nicotine monster will give you the strength to win the war! 

Keep fighting!

Kristin, we women are so abused from husband and children!  But, it is a job we chose to do, so cope and deal is what we must do.  I'm so glad you did not give in and drive to the store and buy cigs.  Perhaps had you left the house for those 10 minutes and just went for a walk?  Get a bit of distance between all the noise at home, take in some deep breaths and clear all that confusion from your head.  Also get a bit of exercise!  Whatever it is you choose to do, as long as you don't relapse!  Good for you.  I'm going on 6 months in my quit, and I still get that craving when things are hectic.  I just sometimes need to go to a quiet place and meditate for a few moments.  That always helps as well.

Keep your chin up and fight the fight!

Kristin, thoughts never did us any harm if they did I would be jail for murder years ago, and this soon into your quit when things get hard and stressful is normal to crave

Your actions is what matters, ok you sat in the car and thought about it, but what you did was awesome nothing you did nothing and that's what it takes

In time these will get weaker and fewer and you can remember this day that you got through it today your quit is stronger x

• Like 1

I have had more cravings today but nothing like last night, and you are all right I am very happy that I held my ground and don't have to start over again. One day at a time until I get myself far enough away from this thing. I want that awesome day when I don't think of smoking at all, which means I have to keep pushing through these rough ones. You are all great, and I feel very lucky to have found this place.

The good thing about all this is...life is not always puppy dogs and rainbows, even for non smokers- you are retraining your brain how to deal with stress.  I was a stress smoker big time, and that was my worst trigger I think. 

Each time you go through something like this, you get just a little stronger.  I am very proud of you for dealing with this and hanging tough.

Hey Kristin- late as always ! If I had a dollar for every time I got changed and headed outs for cigs early in my quit I would be a millionaire! It is natural to think about smoking - we just can't act on it ! So glad you are feeling better now ... And the best part is - you will keep getting stronger and stronger !